DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Epic Waterfalls

You did smoke through those pretty tight spots ?...I would have gone for more dramatic music in the background...something to match the boldness of the flight...top notch flying and video???

Reactions: Crash Pro
You did smoke through those pretty tight spots ?...I would have gone for more dramatic music in the background...something to match the boldness of the flight...top notch flying and video???
Thank you. Will definitely keep that in mind when I redo the waterfall footage next summer.

Wait a minute...I just realized that you are the same guy who landed the drone in your convertible......with flying skills like this....how did you do that??
Well, to start, I’m not a guy ?. Secondly, I wasn’t paying attention to the drone when it landed in my car. However, I definitely paid attention when I was flying through that gorge. I was actually shaking so bad because I was afraid of losing my drone. Also, the film was sped up quite a bit as well, otherwise you’d be watching an 8 minute video rather than a 2 minute one.

Ma'am or, Ms. - I thought the video was good overall. I do think that some of the video being sped up is okay, but I think there's a few places where you could have gone normal speed for reveal shots that would be very cinematic!!
  • @ 1:16 - You fly around the rock wall to reveal a more open spot in the canyon
  • @ 1:30 - you fly around the rock to reveal a waterfall
  • @ 1:48 - Another waterfall
And maybe you could time those shots with the music's more epic beats. You definitely have stick skills. Braver than me to fly in tight spaces like that. I can see why you were shaking. Please keep flying and shooting vids!

Just my opinion - Do with it what you like.

Ma'am or, Ms. - I thought the video was good overall. I do think that some of the video being sped up is okay, but I think there's a few places where you could have gone normal speed for reveal shots that would be very cinematic!!
  • @ 1:16 - You fly around the rock wall to reveal a more open spot in the canyon
  • @ 1:30 - you fly around the rock to reveal a waterfall
  • @ 1:48 - Another waterfall
And maybe you could time those shots with the music's more epic beats. You definitely have stick skills. Braver than me to fly in tight spaces like that. I can see why you were shaking. Please keep flying and shooting vids!

Just my opinion - Do with it what you like.
Thank you for your comments. Appreciate your input!

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Dude, you should go FPV!!! Nice video!!! Carefull with flying low on water, there are plenty of post talking about the drone going crazy...

Shot this summer with a Mini 2 and DJI FPV drone. Settings on the FPV drone are not set up properly for cinematic footage, plus the footage is the low-res version from the goggles. Will go back next summer and reshoot.
Very nice. Something I've been curious about when I see video like this - where are you standing in relation to the drone that is flying? I know my mavic pro has about a 4 mile range, but I have no idea what kind of things block that signal and how much they cut it down. I can't imagine where you would have been that you would have good direct sight at all times with all those rocks and trees around. thanks for any insights.

Dude, you should go FPV!!! Nice video!!! Carefull with flying low on water, there are plenty of post talking about the drone going crazy...
Thank you! And yes, I’m aware of the low flying over water. Lost my first drone that way. I think (or hope) that rushing water appears different to the drone as compared to calm or slow moving water. I have to reshoot that portion of the video next year, so I guess I’ll find out!

Very nice. Something I've been curious about when I see video like this - where are you standing in relation to the drone that is flying? I know my mavic pro has about a 4 mile range, but I have no idea what kind of things block that signal and how much they cut it down. I can't imagine where you would have been that you would have good direct sight at all times with all those rocks and trees around. thanks for any insights.
I was on a bridge overlooking the canyon. I think if you were on the ground and trying to fly, you’d be in big trouble.

Reactions: Crash and Burn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato