DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Epson Moverio BT-40

The problem with this one is that it is essentially a secondary display connected by C. It expects the smartphone to be the USB master (OTG) to send out the video.

However the RC is the USB master. Can't have multiple masters on the same USB connection.

I have the BT-300 but when I saw the BT-40 I was feeling a little tired and brain fog kicked in so I thought I'd post it here :) :) :)

I have the BT-300 but when I saw the BT-40 I was feeling a little tired and brain fog kicked in so I thought I'd post it here :) :) :)

You have to wait for the BT-40s to be released, this model has a 64bit android intelligent controller and is similar to the BT-300s.
It's currently untested so I'd wait awhile to check on it's compatibility.

I was reading apparently the increase in screen resolution is not really visible as they are so close to your eyes.
For DJI users only useful to upgrade if you need DJI Fly.

You have to wait for the BT-40s to be released, this model has a 64bit android intelligent controller and is similar to the BT-300s.
It's currently untested so I'd wait awhile to check on it's compatibility.

I was reading apparently the increase in screen resolution is not really visible as they are so close to your eyes.
For DJI users only useful to upgrade if you need DJI Fly.
Had hoped that the BT-40 would connect to USBC on Smart Controller but early results I’ve seen on other forums indicate that it doesn’t work. I guess it’s possible that future firmware upgrades might fix that.

Reactions: Dutcheagle
Had hoped that the BT-40 would connect to USBC on Smart Controller but early results I’ve seen on other forums indicate that it doesn’t work. I guess it’s possible that future firmware upgrades might fix that.
Do you already have the BT-300, with a very simple solution you can get this connected to the SC via the hdmi output without the expensive Epson interface box ? for this to work you'll need a phone/tablet with a hdmi output port e.g. Smart Controller, Crystalsky etc.

I am not 100% sure the BT-40 (as opposed to the BT-40s with android controller) is an improvement on the BT-35e, apparently you don't see the extra resolution because the screens are so close to your eyes.

The problem with this one is that it is essentially a secondary display connected by C. It expects the smartphone to be the USB master (OTG) to send out the video.

However the RC is the USB master. Can't have multiple masters on the same USB connection.
I was wondering if you could just screen cast from an android device with no hdmi out...... with one of these?

You'd need the glasses to support Miracast for this to work so maybe would work with BT-40S (but it's $1,000)
I have bought the bt 40s epson, but still the only connection is via hdmi on top of the smartcontroler via an extra cable with also usb connection. I tried via the android master from android, but i do not get it working with the normal controler of the mavic mini 2 or mavic air 2. Very sad.....

I have bought the bt 40s epson, but still the only connection is via hdmi on top of the smartcontroler via an extra cable with also usb connection. I tried via the android master from android, but i do not get it working with the normal controler of the mavic mini 2 or mavic air 2. Very sad.....
See my post using an Asus ROG 5 Gaming Phone that has 2 fully functional USB-C ports!69CB4A9F-3AC2-48C7-89A6-E0AAE5A359C1.jpeg

Have a epson bt 40 's but also can not get it working via usb c of smartcontroler. Maybe via hdmi out from smartcontroler?
The device you are plugging the glasses into needs to support DP Alt (DisplayPort alternate mode) in order for the BT-40 to work without their BO-IC400 controller (the BT-40S version of the glasses).

The new DJI RC-Pro works with the BT-40 glasses plugged in directly to it’s USB-C port but unfortunately this is not the case with the older DJI Smart Controller. You will need either the BT-35e HDMI interface box OR an HDMI to USB-C converter/adapter for your BT-40 glasses to plug into.

Reactions: LeadSledGirl
Do you already have the BT-300, with a very simple solution you can get this connected to the SC via the hdmi output without the expensive Epson interface box ? for this to work you'll need a phone/tablet with a hdmi output port e.g. Smart Controller, Crystalsky etc.

I am not 100% sure the BT-40 (as opposed to the BT-40s with android controller) is an improvement on the BT-35e, apparently you don't see the extra resolution because the screens are so close to your eyes.

What about the increased field of view of the BT-40 vs the previous models?

The new DJI RC-Pro works with the BT-40 glasses plugged in directly to it’s USB-C port but unfortunately this is not the case with the older DJI Smart Controller. You will need either the BT-35e HDMI interface box OR an HDMI to USB-C converter/adapter for your BT-40 glasses to plug into.
Wow... that's great to hear.
No where in DJI specs do they indicate the USBC port is a 3.1 DP Alt compatible port. The manual suggests it's a charge port only. Why the need of the mini HDMI port if USBC can pass video.
Were you able to determine if it's passing 720 or 1080.

Wow... that's great to hear.
No where in DJI specs do they indicate the USBC port is a 3.1 DP Alt compatible port. The manual suggests it's a charge port only. Why the need of the mini HDMI port if USBC can pass video.
Were you able to determine if it's passing 720 or 1080.
The specs on the RC-Pro’s USB-C port were on their website initially. I attached a screenshot which I took before I bought my RC-Pro. 029B7929-93F3-4329-8434-FF605321EC3B.jpeg
The Mini-HDMI is a more common interface that can be used for a wider variety of monitoring devices. Definitely 1080p as I had the display output set to that resolution. 3D0F2FDE-A899-47C4-A001-C246A8C3A8AB.jpeg

The specs on the RC-Pro’s USB-C port were on their website initially. I attached a screenshot which I took before I bought my RC-Pro. View attachment 143325
Definitely 1080p as it filled my BT-40 glasses & I had the display output set at 1080p. View attachment 143326
That’s great & impressive… super to know; their new specs don’t indicate anything but charge. Which I knew wasn’t totally accurate since I upgraded with DJI Asst last time using USBC port.

Still a little confused why they’d provide 2 ports HDMI out. If you have time, curious can it send to both port simultaneously?

Good Info, Thanks.

That’s great & impressive… super to know; their new specs don’t indicate anything but charge. Which I knew wasn’t totally accurate since I upgraded with DJI Asst last time using USBC port.

Still a little confused why they’d provide 2 ports HDMI out. If you have time, curious can it send to both port simultaneously?

Good Info, Thanks.
Sorry, sold my RC-Pro & no longer have it. I went instead with an Asus ROG 5 Gaming Phone that had 2 fully functional USB-C ports which let’s me fly my Mini 2, Mavic 3 & Autel Nano+, all while using my Moverio BT-40 glasses. 👍🏼

Reactions: Dougcjohn
Sorry, sold my RC-Pro & no longer have it. I went instead with an Asus ROG 5 Gaming Phone that had 2 fully functional USB-C ports which let’s me fly my Mini 2, Mavic 3 & Autel Nano+, all while using my Moverio BT-40 glasses. 👍🏼
You liked the standard radio better, or just didn’t see the need for the RC Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo