DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Errors attempt to update to v01.00.0820 SC software.

LeeG

Reactions
For me it failed twice attempting to use DJI Assistant.
Tried unplugging at letting the SC update itself... Now it gets INSUFFICIENT MEMORY error. I have NO MEDIA stored internally! I also have a large empty SD card.

Reactions: Icelandman
Tried unplugging at letting the SC update itself... Now it gets INSUFFICIENT MEMORY error. I have NO MEDIA stored internally! I also have a large empty SD card.

Haven't tried the update yet due to home internet issues, but as to the other have you tried to delete some cache video or cache file to release more space. Google for instruction. :) If you are sure there is nothing you need on your SC, then do a factory reset...that will clear it all for you. But you will have to reset parameters for your aircraft..so that is up to you ;)

I am having the same issue. I even reset to default factory settings, erased everything and still stuck in 99% install.

Even with DJI assistance is not working so far. Still trying.

Try removing microSD card and repeat process without the card installed.

• Love
Reactions: Rupuze
For those who are stock in 99% with no space available error, the only solution i found was:
1- reset everything to factory deleting all data
2- Do NOT connect the WIFI because the smart controller will try to download the large update and will fill the memory again.
3- use DJI Assistance for Mavic 2 to perform the update.
4- Even with this, I had to keep tapping the Smart Controller Screen every 1 or 2 minutes, other wise will go in sleep mode and you have to start over.
5- In order to bind the Mavic Air 2 after the update you need to add MA2 in Aircraft Management, wait until ask for be pair and with the MA2 on hold the power bottom for about 4 seconds and will pair without issues.

I learn this after 2 hours trying to update until finally I got it. You don't have to remove the SD card. It works for me fine.
I flew 3 batteries already and seen to be everything in perfect order with the firmware and how the aircraft perform. I notice has the same range than the original controller so is time for me to install the Allientech Duo II in the Smart Controller. Is sitting in my chair :)

I just updated the firmware and had to follow the instructions provided by zeusfl to get it to work. However, I didn't have to keep tapping the SC screen. I own the Mavic Pro 2 so, I'm pretty such this update wasn't necessary. zeusfl suggests that the range is back down to the 5 miles versus the 6 miles of from the last update. Can anyone else confirm this?

I just updated the firmware and had to follow the instructions provided by zeusfl to get it to work. However, I didn't have to keep tapping the SC screen. I own the Mavic Pro 2 so, I'm pretty such this update wasn't necessary. zeusfl suggests that the range is back down to the 5 miles versus the 6 miles of from the last update. Can anyone else confirm this?

I never say was back down. I say is the same. Some people suggest the smart controller has less range but i found has better range.

I had a hell of time trying to update. Had to do a factory reset twice to get rid of the error message regarding not enough storage. Even then it failed a few times after downloading and transmitting. Hung up at 16% for awhile then finally finished.

Had some snags doing the SC update. Finally had to turn WIFI off, unplug SD card, and then did a factory reset. It was then able to update via cable and DJI Assistant. But we are in the air now.

Control is very smooth, and the big bright screen is incredible. Already hands above trying to use a phone or tablet and the stock controller. It just works, and is up and running quickly.

Can't seem to find any use for right scroll wheel and the 5D button in flight. Anyone have a clue for MA2 on these?

Had some snags doing the SC update. Finally had to turn WIFI off, unplug SD card, and then did a factory reset. It was then able to update via cable and DJI Assistant. But we are in the air now.

Control is very smooth, and the big bright screen is incredible. Already hands above trying to use a phone or tablet and the stock controller. It just works, and is up and running quickly.

Can't seem to find any use for right scroll wheel and the 5D button in flight. Anyone have a clue for MA2 on these?

I use the right scroll for exposure comp. Yeah 5D is the pinky toe of the SC.

Reactions: LeeG
The same thing happened to me. I tried it without a DJI2 system it would only go so far to give an error message. Then I hooked into a DJI assistant 2 A couple times the same error message came up ,I kept clicking on it and I finally finished the upload then installing and then firmware. so when it says retry retry you eventually get there.

I had a similar problem yesterday trying to upload the update which seemed to take forever. Kept saying not enough memory and, like you, I have nothing stored on the SC!! Eventually it did download and the memory problem disappeared and the SC is up to date. But there is a problem updating! I also tried the DJI Assistant for Mavic on the computer and this also took forever!

I don't have any memory problem as I don't do video, clear all the video cache, no memory card in it, no other add in software.

It still stay at 97% and keep getting Network time out error last night and this morning.

I have the M2P.

Doing a factory reset and then immediately updating from the DJI Assistant app on my PC worked for me. It does get stuck for a while at different percentages but ultimately finishes. You have to keep the radio from falling asleep by either tapping the screen or setting a long timeout.

Reactions: GMAN007
I could not update on WiFi last night and this AM. It got stuck at 97% and keep timing out countless times.

I got plenty of space as I dont do video and no SD card.

I got mine to update, but using the PC and on first try.

After the update and reboot, my SC will not shut down. I have to kill it.

Last edited:
For those who are stock in 99% with no space available error, the only solution i found was:
1- reset everything to factory deleting all data
2- Do NOT connect the WIFI because the smart controller will try to download the large update and will fill the memory again.
3- use DJI Assistance for Mavic 2 to perform the update.
4- Even with this, I had to keep tapping the Smart Controller Screen every 1 or 2 minutes, other wise will go in sleep mode and you have to start over.
5- In order to bind the Mavic Air 2 after the update you need to add MA2 in Aircraft Management, wait until ask for be pair and with the MA2 on hold the power bottom for about 4 seconds and will pair without issues.

I learn this after 2 hours trying to update until finally I got it. You don't have to remove the SD card. It works for me fine.
I flew 3 batteries already and seen to be everything in perfect order with the firmware and how the aircraft perform. I notice has the same range than the original controller so is time for me to install the Allientech Duo II in the Smart Controller. Is sitting in my chair :)
OMG! I have been trying all night/all am to get this to go. This is THE only method that worked. Thanks for the info. I thought I did the same thing, but I guess not as it didn't work. This method went through the first time. I think the trick might be the keeping the device alive by tapping the screen often.

Thanks guys,
Bigdaddie

Reactions: jelarv and zeusfl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242