DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ESC error after crash

jyarbs

Reactions
Hi all,

We got a Mavic 2 Zoom just a month ago and unfortunately, my husband crashed it into the river. He was trying to fly it back to him but instead of using the forward joystick, he accidentally flew it to the right and it crashed on a tree before plunging into a 3 feet deep river.

We got it out within a minute, it was still on. i turned it off and took the battery out, dried it with my hoodie as much as I could, and used the car aircon to dry it more. When we got home, I used the blow dryer to dry the inside and put it infront of the fan to dry it more. We did not turn it on for 48 hours until tonight.

Basically, it turns on, camera and gimbal works fine, and connects to the controller but we can’t fly it due to 4 ESC errors. I read online that it’s the 4 motors which makes sense because when we turn it on, the propellers doesn’t shake.

We stupidly did not sign up for the dji care refresh or any insurance also because we did not expect this to happen so soon. I guess my question is, what do you think is the best thing to do now? He wants to buy me a new drone because he really felt bad but I don’t want to. Basically, if this isn’t gonna be an easy and cheap fix, is there anywhere we can sell broken drones? Thanks

Last edited:
First off WELCOME to the forum.

I think I'd try and get a FREE evaluation first. Check out DJI Drone Service (they are a vendor of our forum).

They offer FREE shipping from you to them, FREE evaluation, and FREE shipping back to you (regardless if they repair or not). So it's a FREE way to see what it's going to cost to get your aircraft flying again.

@djidroneservice can chime in as well to give you a hand.

Good luck and HANG IN THERE!!

Allen

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54