DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ESC motor 2

Marcjwebb

Reactions
Hi guys.

Hope your all well.

Having some trouble with my Mavic pro and need some advice if anyone can help.

I’m getting ESC motor 2 can’t take off. Motors won’t spin.

On startup they twitch then the back LED goes red solid.

Does anyone know which motor is motor 2

Have tried firmware refresh and downgrade, but no change.

Any crashes?
Have you flown it before? If so, how many flights?
Did you buy it new or used?
Still under warranty? If not, have Refresh?

Try turning each motor by hand and feel for a gritty feeling.

Motors turn easily with no real resistance.

I have flown before and purchased it from a friend with a damaged gimbal and planned to fix it.

Fixed the gimbal ribbon cable and all was working well including the motors. Put the battery on charge and picked up a second battery to do a test flight when this started

I have the same issue. Won’t take off.

I have tried refresh and downgrading the firmware but nothing.

Which motor is number 2?

I have the same issue. Won’t take off.

I have tried refresh and downgrading the firmware but nothing.

Which motor is number 2?
Probably the left front. The numbering starts with the right front and goes CCW. Usually, the numbering starts at 1. But, it starts at 0 in a few places like the .DAT's eventLog stream. Where are you seeing the "ESC motor 2 can’t take off" message?

Reactions: Former Member
I’ve a problem with my Mavic pro. ESC error appears while flying and sometimes before I fly it while on ground. When I check the status of the ESC, it shows 2No.ESC Error. Please what’s the problem.

Any crashes? That error means that there is something wrong with your left front motor.

If it is new, I would run, dont walk, to return it and get another one. Dont fly it again unless you want to see it auger itself into the ground.

If you cant return it, fill out an online repair request, and send it in to DJI.

For the record, ESC errors and Core board errors are the 2 I respect the most. The risk is very high of either frying the electronics of your drone or crashing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mohasheikh
It’s not new and the problem seems to be fluctuating because I fly it often but immediately after 2mins of flying the ESC error appears.

Reactions: Former Member
It’s not new and the problem seems to be fluctuating because I fly it often but immediately after 2mins of flying the ESC error appears.

Im thinking that motor #2 is damaged and as soon as it heats up, i starts to error out. Turn all the motors by hand to see if any one is tighter than the other 3. Best to do this when the drone is not running. ;)

Reactions: Mohasheikh
Im thinking that motor #2 is damaged and as soon as it heats up, i starts to error out. Turn all the motors by hand to see if any one is tighter than the other 3. Best to do this when the drone is not running. ;)
Okay I’ll try that. Thanks for your help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut