DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ever Consider Buying a Spare Mav?

gixxerbill

Reactions
You know like if it goes back in for repair or it flies off or something.

I mean they offer them by themselves for 750 for some reason right?

Thought about it but I would probably go for a different model, maybe a P3 to practice with or something.
Regards,
-d

I have a Mavic and a P4. They are very compatible as each has its weakness and pluses. The P4 will soon be sold and replaced with a P4Pro or Pro+.
FYI DJI will soon be coming out with a screen for the Mavic that is similar to the P4Pro+ screen.

Have you seen them being offered somewhere at $750 for just the bird? $750 for a backup bird if it included a battery, is a good deal. You could always bind the new bird to your old controller in case of a crash or other reason why bird #1 was down.

Best case scenario I have seen on MP for repair turnaround time has been 3 weeks for a Refresh. My non-refresh repairs are taking 5 weeks door-to-door. If you use your Mav regularly for business, a backup bird is almost a necessity.

Have you seen them being offered somewhere at $750 for just the bird? $750 for a backup bird if it included a battery, is a good deal. You could always bind the new bird to your old controller in case of a crash or other reason why bird #1 was down.

Best case scenario I have seen on MP for repair turnaround time has been 3 weeks for a Refresh. My non-refresh repairs are taking 5 weeks door-to-door. If you use your Mav regularly for business, a backup bird is almost a necessity.
not sure about the battery. the 750 is just for the bird.

looks like it does include battery and charger.

I wonder how hard it would be to pair with RC. the first one was a pain.

Nah, for the price of a Mavic or a Phantom I could buy two or more quadcopters, I've got an Inductrix FPV and a beater Eachine Falcon Pro 250 race quad to play around with if my Mavic ever goes down hard.

Reactions: gbracer08
Nah, for the price of a Mavic or a Phantom I could buy two or more quadcopters, I've got an Inductrix FPV and a beater Eachine Falcon Pro 250 race quad to play around with if my Mavic ever goes down hard.
How do you like that race quad? How fast? How much? and do you use goggle or a screen?

How do you like that race quad? How fast? How much? and do you use goggle or a screen?
Its ok, there are better out there but just to fly around its fine. Its decently fast but you wouldn't win any races with it if you actually tried to enter a race with it. I use Eachine VR D2 goggles. Thinking about getting a Furibee fuuton 200, those have pretty good reviews, but if at all possible building your own race drone is best. I would but i'm not in the position right now.

Last edited:
If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn’t, then it was never meant to be.
Does this apply to Quads?

OK thanks. How would something like this work with the Mavic?
It'll connect via the USB port on the bottom of the remote controller. I'm not sure how DJI plans to mount it to the remote controller.

i have two, reasons were i travel between here and another country every 6 weeks and i think soon there will be stricter laws on carrying drones between countries. Saves me carrying them across country if ever i have to depart fast,

i will always have another one waiting, If i crash it, which i will one day, then i have another.

Also it gives me 6 batteries total which is great out in areas were sometimes electricity is scarce.

its all down to affordability If you can afford it then why not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000