DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Everything Is about the Shortage of Chips !

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
The car I ordered is waiting on a chip .
The computer graphics Card I need is waiting on the Chip.
The new mavic 3 is also waiting on the Chip

The mc donalds near me has no shake machine , there waiting on a new machine going on a few months.

Today I got a call from a rep that explained to me it was not Chips that are the issue but that they need water. Without out water they cannot make the Chips or most of the Products made in Taiwan, chips being many of them along with every other kind of fabric , Neoprene included.

The Two excuses I have herd now are Covid and chips but the reality is Chips an Water, tons of it. Without the water , were left with very little .

No one can get anything finished or done , there simply is a lack of materials , which is why the stock market doing as well as it is boggles my mind .

Just a few days ago the Chinese Gov decided to destroy over something like 90 million apartments , because there were no materials to finish them .
its mind blowing but take a look at this footage.

In my mind i thought everything that was happening was do to Covid, but than we learn about the chips as there needed in everything .

Now the bigger part of the equation is there is a lack of pure water . The idea that its Water that is the real issue is mind blowing to me.

Here we are 2021 and we have not mastered Water, yet were trying to get to Mars where there is no Water, Mind blown.

I wonder how many others dont realize that were running out of Resources , and think Covid and Chips are the reason for all the delays.

Water is needed to make everything and I just had no idea how integrated that was in everything.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and land on the Water.

Reactions: merak75
The car I ordered is waiting on a chip .
The computer graphics Card I need is waiting on the Chip.
The new mavic 3 is also waiting on the Chip

The mc donalds near me has no shake machine , there waiting on a new machine going on a few months.

Today I got a call from a rep that explained to me it was not Chips that are the issue but that they need water. Without out water they cannot make the Chips or most of the Products made in Taiwan, chips being many of them along with every other kind of fabric , Neoprene included.

The Two excuses I have herd now are Covid and chips but the reality is Chips an Water, tons of it. Without the water , were left with very little .

No one can get anything finished or done , there simply is a lack of materials , which is why the stock market doing as well as it is boggles my mind .

Just a few days ago the Chinese Gov decided to destroy over something like 90 million apartments , because there were no materials to finish them .
its mind blowing but take a look at this footage.

In my mind i thought everything that was happening was do to Covid, but than we learn about the chips as there needed in everything .

Now the bigger part of the equation is there is a lack of pure water . The idea that its Water that is the real issue is mind blowing to me.

Here we are 2021 and we have not mastered Water, yet were trying to get to Mars where there is no Water, Mind blown.

I wonder how many others dont realize that were running out of Resources , and think Covid and Chips are the reason for all the delays.

Water is needed to make everything and I just had no idea how integrated that was in everything.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and land on the Water.
Yup, also natural disasters have ruined some manufacturing plants over seas AND COVID caused issues. A lose, lose situation right now.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
LOL if you read the notes on Youtube the buildings stood unfinished for seven years. Don't think the chip shortage had anything to do with demolition. And there was no shortage of water, the water flooding the basements over the years was the reason to destroy them.
My guess would be someone went bankrupt and all progress stopped.

The end is near.... I have had so many reasons (excuses?) as to why our electronic components are currently unavailable. Covid, typhoons, wildfires, shortage of shipping containers, lack of petrol, pilot shortage, etc.

So we just tell customers that:
A) We cannot get the components
B) We'll complete the order when we get the components
C) We are just as frustrated as you.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
The end is near.... I have had so many reasons (excuses?) as to why our electronic components are currently unavailable. Covid, typhoons, wildfires, shortage of shipping containers, lack of petrol, pilot shortage, etc.

So we just tell customers that:
A) We cannot get the components
B) We'll complete the order when we get the components
C) We are just as frustrated as you.

Cheers!
Yes I have also herd the shipping containers need a Covid cleaning before they can be released from the Ports which is causing month of delays based on how many containers there are.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: db4476
The port delays are more logistics chain issues than anything else. The start of the pandemic had shortages but around 5/2020 shipping volume increased dramatically, causing warehouse space issues, container shortages, trucks to move the containers, etc...

source: I am friends with a packaging science professor at a major edu that does logistics work for the inland port near me.

This picture puts it all into Perspective for me: sitting for months adrift , running out of fuel and unable to Dock .
Sad. ?

2021-09-29_13h00_40.png

2021-09-29_11h31_02.png

2021-09-29_13h00_52.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: db4476
Here is the latest update and its not looking good, \ as they talk about fines now.

Were now up to 200,000 containers

2021-10-31_11h13_12.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143