DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EVO II delayed till March

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94047

So, it seems that a newly discovered software bug is going to delay the launch of the EVO II from January to March. Add to this the production delays caused by the Chinese New Year, and the likely impact of the new Corona virus outbreak on production and supply chains, I won't be surprised if it is delayed even further. DJI is getting a lucky break; if they come out with the rumored Mavic Air 2 before the end of march, they may cause Autel a big headache or a heart attack (depending on how good the improved MA2 will be and at what price it will sell).

This is what Autel shared in its social media platforms

Hello Everyone!
First, we want to thank all of our fans and followers. It doesn’t matter if you just follow one of our social channels, or if you fly our products every day. Your support and enthusiasm have always kept us going here at the Seattle office.

With the announcement of EVO II at CES, the response has been absolutely crazy. This community is exploding, and we thank you for your patience with us as we are still trying to catch up on responses. We also want to be as transparent as possible and give you all periodic updates on the status and availability of EVO II. That way you have the most up to date information straight from us and not just rumors.

Our goal at CES was to get the initial units of EVO II (8k) into the hands of dealers by the end of January. Unfortunately, during production, we found a bug in our software that could limit flight performance under normal operation. Instead of shipping the hardware with a known issue and forcing users to perform day 1 updates, we have decided to delay the rest of production and shipments until we have resolved the issue. Our projected timeline is to have EVO II available for purchase in March. This is not a set date or time frame, and things can always change. But with the information we have today, that is our goal.

The team in Seattle is very small and we are adding channel support as we can. We are looking to start up our website newsletter again in the next few weeks. So for any future updates, please check our website, the official social channels, and emails coming directly from us.
We thank you for your patience. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get a hold of us at [email protected]
Thank you all again and fly safe!

So, it seems that a newly discovered software bug is going to delay the launch of the EVO II from January to March. Add to this the production delays caused by the Chinese New Year, and the likely impact of the new Corona virus outbreak on production and supply chains, I won't be surprised if it is delayed even further. DJI is getting a lucky break; if they come out with the rumored Mavic Air 2 before the end of march, they may cause Autel a big headache or a heart attack (depending on how good the improved MA2 will be and at what price it will sell).

You mean the M3P don’t you.
Ahaaa just pick one they all rumors till you see one.

Reactions: Thomas B
You mean the M3P don’t you.
Ahaaa just pick one they all rumors till you see one.
Rumor has it that we will see a revamped Mavic Air before the M3. I would prefer this not to be true though since I will be shipping soon and am much more interested in knowing what a possible M3 will have to offer.

Rumor has it that we will see a revamped Mavic Air before the M3. I would prefer this not to be true though since I will be shipping soon and am much more interested in knowing what a possible M3 will have to offer.

Rumour also had it that the Mavic 3 Pro would be released in January which I think is the point dirkclod is alluding to.

Rumour also had it that the Mavic 3 Pro would be released in January which I think is the point dirkclod is alluding to.
I see, thanks. But another rumor has it that DJI had to go back to the drawing board for the M3 because Autel came out with the EVO II. There is quite a lot of rumors these days and not enough product releases.

Maybe drone manufacturers are getting caught up in the similar thing a lot of prospective drone pilots do.

Drone pilot - Should I wait to buy a drone ? X is supposed to be releasing the latest and greatest, I don't want to buy something obsolete in 2 months.
Drone manufacturer - Should I wait to release this drone ? X is supposed to be releasing the latest and greatest, we might wait and see what it's got.

How's the dig at DJI ?
"Instead of shipping the hardware with a known issue and forcing users to perform day 1 updates . . . "

I see, thanks. But another rumor has it that DJI had to go back to the drawing board for the M3 because Autel came out with the EVO II. There is quite a lot of rumors these days and not enough product releases.

Of course that's what the rumour sites say because they're covering for the fact they're wrong, if the Mavic 3 Pro was to be released in January we'd have seen more reliable information beforehand such as certification documents and likely shots of prototype and early models as we've seen with most of the DJI models.

The fundamental problem with rumour sites is that most of the time there is no actual information available yet these sites need to keep driving traffic to themselves so they need to keep making up rumours often more outlandish ones early on to generate headlines and drive traffic to their site. When the Mavic Pro was released I lost count of how many times the rumours incorrectly predicted the second Mavic and since the Mavic 2 it's been the same with ongoing rumours about the Mavic 3, so far all incorrect. The only time I pay attention to rumours is when there's something concrete like a leaked shot of the drone itself or certification details that show a release is imminent.

I'm totally shocked. Autel missed their release date?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54