DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Excellent Mavic Mini Case

John_McF

Reactions
After getting my Mavic Mini Fly More Combo last year, I purchased a GPC hard case for storage and transportation. However, I’ve been reading a lot about the issues people have been experiencing with their props after storing the MM folded in a case for some time. Yes, I know that DJI recommends a particular way to fold the props to avoid them bending, but I was still concerned with how the rear props seemed to be warped in the case I was using.

I took a look to see if I could find a case that would allow you to store the MM unfolded. I found several large cases that fit that description, including a few that even allow storage with the prop guards in place. However, I was looking for something compact that could be dropped into a backpack.

I found what I think is a great case for my needs on Amazon. It is very reasonably priced at $36.00. You can actually store the MM either folded or unfolded. There is storage for up to 8 batteries – 3 in the charger, 1 in the MM and 4 in slots in the case. One of these slots can be used to store the power adapter. The remote can be placed in the case with the sticks attached. The case has a flap that has several pockets for storing cables, spare props, etc. The lid has a zippered pocket that will hold a tablet.

Just thought I’d post this info in case any of you would be interested.

Case.jpg

Looks pretty nice. It is only about an inch longer than the Flymore case but two inches wider and one inch thicker. Hmmm..... :) If only they left out the battery charger space (g)

Reactions: Serhiy and John_McF
Or if you want a genuine waterproof hardshell case, take a look here:

It doesn't take the charging hub but I don't carry that with me when I fly. I got mine cheaper on eBay.

Reactions: Serhiy
Or if you want a genuine waterproof hardshell case, take a look here:

It doesn't take the charging hub but I don't carry that with me when I fly. I got mine cheaper on eBay.

Hi Maelstrom,

I did consider that case because it looks very nice and is definitely superior but I couldn't find it here in the U.S. The cost of roughly $80.00 plus shipping from Germany, compared with $36.00 and free shipping from Amazon took it off my list.

Cheers!

John

The cost of roughly $80.00 plus shipping from Germany, compared with $36.00 and free shipping from Amazon took it off my list.

I think I would have also thought twice about it at that price! Your case does look like a bargain.

Awesome, thanks for posting this. I have spent a lot of time looking for a good case for the MM. There are a lot of good cases out there, but each one seemed to have one thing I didn't like, whether it be cost, size, etc. I almost bought one a week ago, but something kept me from pulling the trigger on it; probably the size.

I looked at this case and immediately bought it. It arrives tomorrow and I can't wait to start using it.

Reactions: John_McF
I bought this case as well and am very happy with it!

MikeG

Reactions: John_McF
Do you think a 10.2" tablet would fit? The dimensions shows it's 11" across on the outside. Not sure if they saying the tablet should be length wise or width wise in their storage orientation and that's why they say a 9.7"

Hi,

When you say 10.2" tablet, do you mean the widest width of the outside of tablet case horizontally or the diagonal measurement of the outside of the tablet case? My iPad Air2 is just under 9.5 horizontally and it fits with room to spare. If you can confirm the measurement, I'll see if i have a book or thick card the same size and try that.

Cheers.

Hi,

When you say 10.2" tablet, do you mean the widest width of the outside of tablet case horizontally or the diagonal measurement of the outside of the tablet case? My iPad Air2 is just under 9.5 horizontally and it fits with room to spare. If you can confirm the measurement, I'll see if i have a book or thick card the same size and try that.

Cheers.

I was referencing their diagonal screen length. I’m assuming that is how the case manufacturer intended to convey the dimensions.

Thanks for the feedback.

I was referencing their diagonal screen length. I’m assuming that is how the case manufacturer intended to convey the dimensions.

Thanks for the feedback.
I think the most important thing to check is the physical dimensions of the table case rather than the size of the screen. My iPadi is screen is 9.5" diagonally but the outer dimension of the iPad diagonally is 11.25." If you can give me the horizontal and vertical dimensions of the outside of your tablet, I'll be able to confirm if it will fit.

After getting my Mavic Mini Fly More Combo last year, I purchased a GPC hard case for storage and transportation. However, I’ve been reading a lot about the issues people have been experiencing with their props after storing the MM folded in a case for some time. Yes, I know that DJI recommends a particular way to fold the props to avoid them bending, but I was still concerned with how the rear props seemed to be warped in the case I was using.

I took a look to see if I could find a case that would allow you to store the MM unfolded. I found several large cases that fit that description, including a few that even allow storage with the prop guards in place. However, I was looking for something compact that could be dropped into a backpack.

I found what I think is a great case for my needs on Amazon. It is very reasonably priced at $36.00. You can actually store the MM either folded or unfolded. There is storage for up to 8 batteries – 3 in the charger, 1 in the MM and 4 in slots in the case. One of these slots can be used to store the power adapter. The remote can be placed in the case with the sticks attached. The case has a flap that has several pockets for storing cables, spare props, etc. The lid has a zippered pocket that will hold a tablet.

Just thought I’d post this info in case any of you would be interested.

View attachment 113196

Unavailable in canada ?

Oh I really like this case for the mini drone
I need to buy one for my drone [emoji106][emoji846]

I think the most important thing to check is the physical dimensions of the table case rather than the size of the screen. My iPadi is screen is 9.5" diagonally but the outer dimension of the iPad diagonally is 11.25." If you can give me the horizontal and vertical dimensions of the outside of your tablet, I'll be able to confirm if it will fit.

Interesting. Apple says their 10.2” I pad is 9.8” in length. I haven’t go it yet, so I’m going off their site.

Last edited:
Great for just protecting just the drone but the other cases mentioned here carry the drone unfolded, ready to fly, along with the RC (with sticks fitted), batteries and other bits and pieces.

That just goes to show why there is no one "Best" case. We all have different needs even when we have the exact same equipment. ? I'm one of those who likes a case with the drone unfolded and the sticks on the RC. Heck, I think my case would even hold my Galaxy Tab S6 once my tablet holder arrives. Others want the smallest possible case(s). And I'm sure there are others out there with requirements different than the two I just listed.

mikeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121