DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Excited about new SC2?

Just another money grab from DJI, nothing much to be excited about.
Not bright enough, still small screen size.
I'll pass

With Mavic 3 leaks, the most exciting news for us Air2S owners is 1st OcuSync 3 certified controller - Smart Controller v2.
Are you excited?
If it excites you - go for it. I don't own a SC, so there is that. My RC with a nice 10 inch tablet works - as I hated using my cell phone and could not see well; so the small screen on a SC is not for me.

Not sure if the price would warrant an upgrade either, but it's your money to spend as you like.

Reactions: GFields
Thanks for sharing, I'm sticking to my Tripltek Tablet :)

OcuSync 3
Can someone explain to me the benefit of O3? If the power output of controller is defined by FCC or CE mode, then why does O3 matter? I mean, you can have poor signal with CE (and O3) but great signal with FCC (and O3).

(I just enabled FCC (from CE) on my Air 2S and the difference is unbelievable, like a completely different drone in fact).

Reactions: AnDronioBanderos
Can someone explain to me the benefit of O3? If the power output of controller is defined by FCC or CE mode, then why does O3 matter? I mean, you can have poor signal with CE (and O3) but great signal with FCC (and O3).

(I just enabled FCC (from CE) on my Air 2S and the difference is unbelievable, like a completely different drone in fact).
Higher data rate and lower latency.

Reactions: pommy
I got my SC with the M2P bundle and now I also use it with the Mini 2. Since I am a bike, walk, and ski drone photographer I like the "switch on and fly" ability. Especially when I carry the Mini 2 with me; two small hard shell cases and that’s it. No need to clamp tablets or phones and fumble with cables, especially when it is cold or light conditions are not favorable.

Latency issues, well they exist but to a degree where they do not bother me at all. Range? If you are flying VLOS, then why care about a 15 km range capability. Of course, signal quality might be better, but the signal quality of my SC has always been great flying VLOS. Therefore, if there is no jaw-dropping improvement or function coming with the SC-V2 then I'll gladly pass…

Reactions: mr.bill and maggior
I wasn’t positive I would like the current SC until I got one and started using it. It’s a really handy thing to be able to move between 3 drones with a push of a button. It makes the backpack lighter. I like the separate controls for tilt and zoom and I like that the display no matter how hot it gets out stays full brightness in the sun. If you have not used one it has a fan to help cool the display area. I was using my iPad mini prior which is a much bigger screen but the 5.5” with readers is big enough to see where I am.

I’m not sure I will get the new one. O3 being the main feature….maybe.? I see the antennas are like the Mavic 2 remote and the one I had with the original mini. There are more ports on the bottom I assume due to the antennas changing and the sticks look like what you find on FPV remotes but otherwise the screen is the same and basic layout is the same. If I did anything with it, I might could see selling all I have now and picking up the Mavic 3 with SC and just having the one drone. I would miss the smaller size of the mini and air models but that new camera looks great from the rumors I have seen.

I was and am still a huge fan of the first smart controller in combination with my M2P. The " switch on and fly"-ability is all you can wish for.

The new one does not have me excited at all for the simple reason that I won't be upgrading to the Mavic 3; I won't be " investing" in new drones if they don't have a CE label. If the SC2 is backwards compatible with the Air2, the Mavic 2, and the Mini2, that might pull some people over the edge though.

Reactions: maggior
Last edited:
Reactions: Dan AISCF
Just came back from doing a comparison around 12 noon in the very bright Arizona sunshine. Oh so much sunshine here in Arizona. This display was only at 64% brightness and it was crystal clear as you can see in the short 30 second video.

Reactions: RGS2010
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada