DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EXP Settings Issue

Not A Speck Of Cereal

Reactions
Hey all,

M2P, latest firmware and DJI Go 4 versions

I'm having a thing with the EXP settings and I wonder if this is M2P/Z specific (I asked this in a general Mavic thread, but got no responses).

Here's the issue:
  • All sources say these EXP settings should default to 0.40, 0.40, 0.40 (see the below image, which is old -- "Rotate" now says "Rudder")
  • But when I go to the EXP settings, I get the defaults of 0.25, 0.20, 0.25.
  • I can go back one page to Advanced Settings and hit Reset Gain & Expo Tuning and get the same thing (verified after changing the EXP settings and hitting Reset)
  • The controller is in P mode, not Tripod
  • I am in Normal mode, as seen when I press the Intelligence Flight (controller) Icon on the left side in DJI GO 4 (just above APAS)
  • APAS is off
I have tried setting Rudder / Rotate to it's lowest setting of 0.10. It does not seem as slow / smooth as the few videos I've seen from a low EXP Rudder settings of 0.15 and 0.20 (from a default of 0.40).

Am I missing a setting that's causing these values to be so low as a default? Or has a subsequent firmware update changed the behavior of these settings?

Chris

Note: OLD image of the EXP page. New image now says "Rudder" rather than "Rotate" and does not (for me) have these default values:

<crickets>

Can anybody please just check this out? Go to your Advanced Settings and hit Reset Gain & Expo Tuning (write it down so you can quickly set it back) and confirm what your defaults are (either .40 .40 .40, or .25, .20, .25).

M2P with the latest DJI GO 4

Thanks, Chris

FYI: for those that find this thread in the future: all indications I can get from the DJI forum are that 0.25, .020, 0.25 are the new defaults.

I'm disappointed with DJI. I really would have like to have had the finer manual control for cinematic purposes, not forced to use the other tripod or "cinematic" custom modes, which have their disadvantages.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3