DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Experience with RMA

camfirstflyer

Reactions
So I recently sent my Mavic in for repair, due to what I think was a de-centered lens. Details here.

I just wanted to provide some observations and feedback on my customer support experience so far (I haven't received my drone back yet, so I can't say if the issue is resolved).

FIRST CONTACT
I used the web-chat feature on the DJI support page and found the help I received to be fairly responsive and logical (no bs "did you remember to reset your router?" comments). I demo'ed my issue using a youtube video I had posted showing the blurriness of my footage that was consistent only across the right side of the frame. The CSR gave me a fairly straight forward form to fill out and patiently waited for me to populate it, then created an RMA ticket on the spot. Shortly after, I was emailed a pre-paid UPS shipping slip with ~fairly~ clear instructions for packing.

UPS SHIPPING
As most know, there are issues with shipping batteries via air and as I was required to ship back my RC (sans drone battery), UPS ground shipping was used. Long story short, It was picked up on the 9th and delivered on the 16th. Not bad for a 2500 mile truck across North America.

SERVICE CENTER (Carson, California)
My drone was officially "received" on the 17th. That same day it was assessed ("warranty, no signs of abuse"), service quoted ($0 for cam/gimbal [$126] plus labour[$65/hr]), repaired, tested, and passed through QA. Later that night I received notification that my drone had been packed and shipped back via UPS.

IF all goes well and I receive my drone back in fully functional condition, this will have been a very professional and efficient RMA experience. The only weird part I found in this whole process was the fact that the serial number recorded for the camera/gimbal that I sent in matches the product repair summary of the drone I'm getting back. maybe I'm misinterpreting this as the same cam/gimbal being returned, which would be a bit weird if the lens is indeed de-centered and in need of replacing (as quoted).

Anyway, TL;DR --> so far I am satisfied with the RMA process that DJI has in place and my experience with it, albeit I wish I didn't have to go through it (such is the risk of being an early adopter i suppose).

Hope this helps others :-/

SERVICE CENTER (Carson, California)
My drone was officially "received" on the 17th. That same day it was assessed ("warranty, no signs of abuse"), service quoted ($0 for cam/gimbal [$126] plus labour[$65/hr]),
So... was this issue due to something you did? I'm curious why you would be charged if it was a warranty issue.

Probably because he processed it as a refresh claim and why would DJI argue with getting someones $$$$

He's asking why you put it through as a refresh claim when you could have triEd a warranty claim and got a replacement for free

Probably because he processed it as a refresh claim and why would DJI argue with getting someones $$$$

I do not have DJI Care. Not sure what the issue is with believing a company would not fulfill its warranty agreement on a product that clearly did not arrive to spec.

He's asking why you put it through as a refresh claim when you could have triEd a warranty claim and got a replacement for free

The RMA issued was for repair. I assume that if the complete system was compromised (not just the camera) they would have. For me, I can see possible delays with shipping me a new drone (as many are now experiencing) so getting my drone repaired with individual components and sent back is sufficient in my view.

same experience with me, they received my delivery on nov 18th morning, later that night it was shipped back to me with.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR