DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Experimental Videos all under 1 minute. Vote which one is best please

deltamike

Reactions
Mavic 2 Pro

I have posted short vids on my channel numbered 1 to 9. They are all MP4 but some have different settings of fps, H254 & H265, and are either 1920, 2.7K or 4K. and one is using shutter priority.

If you would, please tell me what equipment you are viewing them with ie Monitor or wide screen TV

My channel is

Deltamike - YouTube

Thanks for taking the trouble to vote

My main purpose is establish what settings me and a number of others are going to adhere to for future videos.

Mavic 2 Pro

I have posted short vids on my channel numbered 1 to 9. They are all MP4 but some have different settings of fps, H254 & H265, and are either 1920, 2.7K or 4K. and one is using shutter priority.

If you would, please tell me what equipment you are viewing them with ie Monitor or wide screen TV

My channel is

Deltamike - YouTube

My main purpose is establish what settings me and a number of others are going to adhere to for future videos.

Number 7 is your best bet / 2K looks great on my wide screen and has less distortion on the roof tops.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.
Coal.

Reactions: deltamike
Thank you. Valuable info., especially as you were viewing on a wide screen.

That one was 2.7K @ 48fps H264 MP4.

Unfortunately i still need to view on my 55" 4k tv. Up to now on the imac, 1 to 6 seemed the better picture. But it is not quite that straight forward. Vid 9 seemed to go a little grainy on the second viewing. As my monitor only supports 1920x1080, its not too obvious.

Thanks Ven. Appreciated.

Reactions: ven
All exhibit varying degrees of the moire effect on the roof shingles. Once I noticed that I couldn't unsee it. #1 has the least amount of moire I believe. Monitor is a Dell U3011 at 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz

Reactions: ven and deltamike
All exhibit varying degrees of the moire effect on the roof shingles. Once I noticed that I couldn't unsee it. #1 has the least amount of moire I believe. Monitor is a Dell U3011 at 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz

Thanks. The moire effect is cronic I must agree. Please have anther look for the best overall quality if you have the time.

Reactions: ven
OK I gave it another shot. I went with #5 for best dynamic range, particularly for the detail / lack of noise in the shadows. The land/sky boundaries in #5 are cleaner than most, others show aberrations, including a strange light colored demarcation line in some of them.

I'm totally sure you can do better with your M2P though!

Reactions: ven and deltamike
Since you all have taken the time and bother to provide me with information the key to the videos is

1. 1080 30 fps H264 MP4 224 Mb
2. 1080 30 fps H265 MP4 204 Mb
3. 1080 48 fps H264 MP4 381 Mb
4. 1080 48 fps H264 MP4 393 Mb
5. 2.7K 30 fps H264 MP4 342 Mb
6. 2.7K 30 fps H265 MP4 269 Mb
7. 2.7K 48 fps H264 MP4 489 Mb
8. 2.7K 48 fps H265 MP4 484 Mb
9. 1080 48 fps H265 MP4 472 Mb Shutter Priority

OK I gave it another shot. I went with #5 for best dynamic range, particularly for the detail / lack of noise in the shadows. The land/sky boundaries in #5 are cleaner than most, others show aberrations, including a strange light colored demarcation line in some of them.

I'm totally sure you can do better with your M2P though!

Thank you Wandering spirit and Rehkram. Your comment in bold above I totally agree with.

I could go to 4K but the U-Tube upload times and storage is horrendous.

I have taken notice of your reviews so today I am going to try the following this time at correct exposure and with an ND 16 filter

Last edited:
Reactions: rehkram and ven
For my monitor, #9 and #4 are the best...

Just went out and filmed the following.

Mavic 2 Pro. Polar pro ND16 trials. Exposure Auto. Focus manual.
A1. 1080 30 fps H264 MP4 216 Mb
A2. 1080 48 fps H264 MP4 451 Mb
A3. 2.7K 30 fps H264 MP4 347 Mb
A4. 2.7K 48 fps H264 MP4 545 Mb
A5. 1080 30 fps H264 MP4 228 Mb Shutter Priority
A6. 4K 30 fps H264 MP4 658 Mb

Just thought I might try the above 4K. I will not be using 4K to post on U Tube because of my broad band speed. The wide screen TV is another matter.

If you view them please don't let the specs influence you. I am seeking the best quality picture for the least amount of space they take up.

After viewing them I think A3 is pretty good. As for 4K the moire effect is horrendous. What the heck is going on there?

If you can suggest any other settings to try let me know and I will go and shoot it for you.

My thanks to you for taking the time and trouble to give me your thoughts.

Thanks again for doing this.

From my limited testing, i am more than likely going to settle on your a3. Several reasons.........1-2.7k is still too good for my monitor, but looks good on 4k TV. 2- 30fps seems fine, but will experiment with 60fps. 3-2.7k is a good happy medium, for viewers who can view 2.7k on youtube, it still gives them a better picture option than 1080.....hopefully!. 4- H264 works far better for my viewing direct off the MA2. H265 replays jerky footage, however on youtube its fine once its done its thing!. Memory wise, well its free, so the only drawback(other than needing the required spec to watch) is the loading times of videos. However my broadband is getting (just done a test now)download 208.4gbs, upload 20.2gbs. So even a 4min clip is a couple of mins........youtube does take longer by the time its fully processed.

As time goes on(very early days for me) i will do a bit more experimenting with some settings.

I do wonder how many "youtubers" have access to 4k or even 2.7k. Not just TV but actual computer monitors as well. Then once that nice 4k video is uploaded, it buffers for them or they can only play in 720...........just a wonder out loud. :)

Mavic 2 Pro

My channel is

Deltamike - YouTube

I usually publish to Vimeo 4K 24 fps

Two questions.

Any reason you didn't use auto focus?
What did you pick as the focus area?

I'm thinking more of the footage could be in focus front to back. A1 for example is definitely fuzzy.
Caveats for my comments: I realize it could depend on your application, and I have never had the opportunity to shoot with an M2P

Two questions.

Any reason you didn't use auto focus?
What did you pick as the focus area?

I have ruined a couple of shots in the past using auto focus. There is the occasional 'buzz' as the autofocus kicks in.

I set the manual focus on infinity always.

I have just spent some time looking at my videos on a 60 inch 4K TV and the settings that are best is A3.

No moire effect at all. Funnily no moire effect on the 4K either on the TV, so its my rubbish monitor.

The result of the home jury is

2.7K 30 fps H264 are the settings mostly, in future.

I shall be deleting the U-Tube videos in a week or so. Thanks to everyone.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada