DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

m80116

Reactions
Beat the Summer heat with a refreshing exploration of an old abandoned Watermill by foot with aid from Critter, m80's drone friend. Enter the ancient ruins from below and above in a place where nature overgrowth dominates: water, birds, dragonflies and an ancient stone bridge from 2000 years ago.

Captured using small form factor cameras (GoPro H6B, DJI Mavic Mini, Samsung S9+) at the end of June 2020.

This is my second work following my first one for the "Lost" series.

Beat the Summer heat with a refreshing exploration of an old abandoned Watermill by foot with aid from Critter, m80's drone friend. Enter the ancient ruins from below and above in a place where nature overgrowth dominates: water, birds, dragonflies and an ancient stone bridge from 2000 years ago.

Captured using small form factor cameras (GoPro H6B, DJI Mavic Mini, Samsung S9+) at the end of June 2020.

That was beautiful.

Very nicely done! I really like the quick shots of 2-3 second clips....fast paced, no boredom. Go mixing of various media (my style too using Osmo Action, Osmo gimbal).

Tnx. My shaky handheld footage could improve quite a lot but I decided I wanted the Osmo Mobile 3 after the promo ended. I made very little use of the S9+ footage (capturing at the same time) and resorted to the GoPro 6B instead.

Here's a trick if you want to shoot from land and sky.You can use and hold your drone in your hand and walk with it, making a very stable video. Then fly up as usual for the airial shots. So you get everything on the same SD card ! ;)

CoCo 60's suggestion is a good one. I did that the other day on an industrial job...shot aerials of a crane hoisting a steel structure up to a building, then shot at ground level the CU's of the metal being attached to the building and I did all that with our Mavic 2 Pro, hand-held using the title wheel to tilt the shot. I like your video. For my tastes, could have been a bit shorter, Great subject matter, shots of something most people may not even know exists, from a viewpoint few people can get (with the drone). Keep 'em coming!

Tnx. Totally agreed on the bit shorter. I actually did a test (it's on my channel) between the S9+, the GoPro Hero 6 Black and the Mavic Mini which resulted the best of the bunch, not only for stabilization but also in keeping the highlights and safety buffer to recover the shadows, it's amazing how efficient have they managed to run on a 40 Mbps codec.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S