DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Exploring Glaciers

Very cool footage! I'm guessing your Mavic switched over to atti mode underneath the glacier, but it seemed to stay nice and stable. And, no, I don't recall anyone doing quite that same kind of exploring. I've seen a couple videos of caves, but that is about the closest I've come across.

Actually, it did not. I was still in Line of Sight the whole time. I wanted to continue on into the cave, but was a little afraid to do so because of that. I’m going to be doing some experiments this winter, when I can walk 500 yards back into the cave. The river freezes, it’s like a perfect marble floor.

So atti mode is what a Mavic switches to when it can't receive GPS. So if it had switched, it would have been due to the layers of ice above it, not due to loss of connection to your RC. But I'm really glad it kept receiving GPS and flying stable. I would love to see what it looks 500 yards inside that cave in the winter time. Such a cool location! Nothing like that within several thousand miles of where I am. Thanks for sharing!

I would love to see what it looks 500 yards inside that cave in the winter time. Such a cool location! Nothing like that within several thousand miles of where I am. Thanks for sharing!

If you look on my YouTube Channel, I have a video of me exploring deep inside this same glacier during the Winter.

Reactions: IShouldBeWorking
Nice

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61