DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Export video as 5k in Adobe Premiere Pro but YouTube show as 1080p

babychai

Reactions
Hi guys,

Previously i own DJI Mini 2 and uploaded 4K video in YouTube multiple times without having any issue.

Recently i upgraded to DJI Air 2s and having issue upload 5K video in YouTube.

In my drone i already set as 5.4K when i flying and for recording. When export video in Adobe Premiere Pro I already set the format as HEVC (H.265) also video format as 5,120 (W) x 2,880 (H). When i uploaded in YouTube the quality highest is only show 1080p. I not able to select 2880 or even 2160 quality in YouTube.

As i understand YouTube need time to process it into 4K and highest quality but my video is only 41 seconds and already more than 1 day after i uploaded. So i don't think is the processing time issue.

Can someone kindly enlighten me how to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot.

It may be that your internet cannot play it at 5K can you post a link for the video.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water.

It may be that your internet cannot play it at 5K can you post a link for the video.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water.
Hi thanks for reply.

Here is the link

But I use my internet to watch 5K video before. So i think is not my internet issue. Now there is even no 4K and 5K option for me to choose in YouTube,

Reactions: DougMcC
Ok , good news the video looks great, but it is 1080 , is it possible that you did not upload 4k or 5K footage ?
Did you edit the video ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
Coal

Make sure when you export your video from Premiere you are selecting the correct resolution in the export.
Do not use the Youtube templates they suggest.

Just select H.264 or H.265 and match the source resolution.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Ok , good news the video looks great, but it is 1080 , is it possible that you did not upload 4k or 5K footage ?
Did you edit the video ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
Coal
I'm very sure my drone setting is 5.4K when i do the recording.
When i right click the video and select properties option i saw the size is 5472(W) x 3078(H).
I only edit the setting to 5K. In Premiere Pro i change the format to 5,120 (W) x 2,880 (H). I attach the photo for your reference to see my export setting. Hope this help.
Or is it because Bitrate Settings there i need to set as CBR instead of VBR, 1 pass?

Attachments

• Titiwangsa Premiere Pro setting.png
    Titiwangsa Premiere Pro setting.png
    657.2 KB · Views: 13
I'm very sure my drone setting is 5.4K when i do the recording.
When i right click the video and select properties option i saw the size is 5472(W) x 3078(H).
I only edit the setting to 5K. In Premiere Pro i change the format to 5,120 (W) x 2,880 (H). I attach the photo for your reference to see my export setting. Hope this help.
Or is it because Bitrate Settings there i need to set as CBR instead of VBR, 1 pass?
Try the 264 setting and use the premade template for 4K for starters on youtube, I think that will be telling or matching the source as @zeusfl mentioned.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Make sure when you export your video from Premiere you are selecting the correct resolution in the export.
Do not use the Youtube templates they suggest.

Just select H.264 or H.265 and match the source resolution.
Yes, i did not use YouTube templates.
i did use H.265 to match the source but did not work.
Original video size is 5472(W) x 3078(H) and in Premiere Pro i changed it to 5120(W) x 2880(H). Could be this is the issue? As i know YouTube is using 2880 for 5K that's why i change the size.

The preset I always use for my videos in Premiere Pro is Match Source - Adaptive Medium Bitrate
It works great for me, and works with YouTube, takes around 30 minutes to 2 hours to process depending on the day.
From what I know YouTube doesn't support 5.4K video, it does support 4K/8K only. I don't know why you're using 5.4K, I would use 4K and that's it. If you really need that 5.4K quality then maybe upscale it to 8K and try to upload again.

Once you have the output file done. Just right-click the file, go in properties and tell me what the detailed information says in resolution. Also as a note, remember youtube can take up to 4 hours before will be rendered to 4-5K. Depend on how busy our are youtube servers.

The preset I always use for my videos in Premiere Pro is Match Source - Adaptive Medium Bitrate
It works great for me, and works with YouTube, takes around 30 minutes to 2 hours to process depending on the day.
From what I know YouTube doesn't support 5.4K video, it does support 4K/8K only. I don't know why you're using 5.4K, I would use 4K and that's it. If you really need that 5.4K quality then maybe upscale it to 8K and try to upload again.
Hi,
FYI, in Premiere Pro i change from 5.4K to 5K.
YouTube does support 5K video.
Please check out this video
You will able to select 5K quality video.

Once you have the output file done. Just right-click the file, go in properties and tell me what the detailed information says in resolution. Also as a note, remember youtube can take up to 4 hours before will be rendered to 4-5K. Depend on how busy our are youtube servers.
Noted. i will try export in H.264 and try upload in YouTube again. Thanks for your advice.

Hi,
FYI, in Premiere Pro i change from 5.4K to 5K.
YouTube does support 5K video.
Please check out this video
You will able to select 5K quality video.

Very cool video, but I can't select any resolution higher than 2160p (4K) anyway, so what's the point of rendering it in 5K?

Yes you can select 5K if you have a fast internet. works nice, and I was not aware I could be posting 5K , Tu.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain, an post 5K ,

2022-02-28_09h34_02.png

Youtube support up to 8K resolutions. I have done this video in 8K.

• Love
For some reason I can't select higher than 4K... maybe of my graphics card of browser (MS Edge)

1646059882596.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgoodha