DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Exposure Compensation (brightness) Tip

DRM001

Reactions
Hi all, so I’ve seen a number of posts with folks complaining about the fact that there is no wheel on the Maivic Air controller to adjust the white balance and instead you have to waste time manually going through the setting in the app. However, after literally five minutes of playing around after unboxing my new drone I discovered that you can hold down the customisable button under the record button and then use the gimbal dial to adjust the white balance.

Just thought I’d share for those that had a grumble [emoji6]

Hi all, so I’ve seen a number of posts with folks complaining about the fact that there is no wheel on the Maivic Air controller to adjust the white balance and instead you have to waste time manually going through the setting in the app. However, after literally five minutes of playing around after unboxing my new drone I discovered that you can hold down the customisable button under the record button and then use the gimbal dial to adjust the white balance.

Great find! You are actually talking about exposure compensation and not white balance though which is a very different function which does have to be changed in the camera settings of DJI Go4.

White balance is the amount of red, blue and green in an image. Different lighting conditions cause colors to appear differently especially neutral greys and whites.

This image was taken in full day light and you can see the blue cast to the image is too Hugh and the reds are too low.
This is what the image should look like if white balance is set correctly.

What you found is Exposure Value which is adjusting the amount of light captured by the sensor of the camera.

Still a good observation!

Attachments

• 627A390D-1EE0-4314-8E70-8C8306FB02BB.jpeg
    627A390D-1EE0-4314-8E70-8C8306FB02BB.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 50

Hello friend...just one question...for the button do this function, I need to change something on the APP?
Or it works, holding fell seconds the button?
tks for chare...

Hello friend...just one question...for the button do this function, I need to change something on the APP?
Or it works, holding fell seconds the button?
tks for chare...

Well I’ve not changed any of the buttons from their default settings and it works for me. Maybe you should try it.

*Edit
You can’t hold the scroll wheel all the way up/down but instead have to rock it one way or the other to adjust the brightness up/down. If you need more/less then just scroll up/down again while holding down the customisable button.

Reactions: RODRIGO_JAÚ
Well I’ve not changed any of the buttons from their default settings and it works for me. Maybe you should try it.

*Edit
You can’t hold the scroll wheel all the way up/down but instead have to rock it one way or the other to adjust the brightness up/down. If you need more/less then just scroll up/down again while holding down the customisable button.

How cool ... I'll test tomorrow! thank you friend! good flights... :)

I´v just tried, and it´s perfect! ?
Is just hold the button and roll the Gimbal wheel to + or - brightness...thank you guys! ?

Reactions: DRM001
No idea when it was added - all I know is five minutes in to unboxing my Mavic Air I found this functionality and posted to let those know that didn’t [emoji6]
it's ok, just saying :) good thing you mentioned it. user guide doesn't say anything about it since it's pretty new feature and not all people are familiar with the latest updates.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy