DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extend flying time with your current batteries

elsmeghead

Reactions
Bought this from Amazon UK recently and I must say it's the best accessory I've bought for the Mini... and I've bought a lot of crap for it!
I was going to buy another couple of batteries instead, but this works out cheaper than buying another 2 batteries and you can charge up 2 at a time wherever you are in about 60 minutes, and it'll charge 6 up on 1 overnight charge of the unit. Even charges the controller or a mobile device at the same time! Wanted to share this with you guys before there's none left as there were only 4 available when I got mine.
First vid is the unboxing and the second is testing it out in the field.

Unboxing and Review:

Field Test:

Reactions: THE CYBORG
That device works perfectly with four batteries. How many batteries will the Smart tree charge on one charge? How long does it take to charge the smart tree?

That device works perfectly with four batteries. How many batteries will the Smart tree charge on one charge? How long does it take to charge the smart tree?
I charged 4 batteries up on 1 charge of the unit plus the controller and it was still showing 50% so I'd say it can charge 6 (which is what they quote on the box) easily on 1 charge. Takes about 7 hours to fully charge the unit beforehand. Like I said, leave it charging the night before and it's fine.

I'm always hesitant on using anything that isn't from DJI. E.g, using this does look great, but is it proven that it doesn't reduce the life expectancy of the battery? (i.e, will the battery die quicker than usual overtime if it was charged on this battery pack, say 100+ times? Will it have a negative impact on the drone (e.g, performance) overtime? Would it void your warranty/refresh care if they found out a third party device was being used?).

I can definitely see the benefits of using this overall.

Reactions: elsmeghead
The Smatree power station for the Mavic 2 Pro is next on my shopping list, spent my spare cash on battery’s so it’s time to save up again
Thank you you just cost me 109 bucks as I added that to my
in cart.?

Nice bit of kit, but is this a lot better than the flymore 3x battery charger and a 10,000mah usb powerbank? What voltage is the 10000mah at? The main benefit I can see is charging 2 batteries in parallel, but it's a significant premium over a good quality USB power bank or 3.

What is recommended about using battery immediately after charging? If we charge battery in the field, do we need to wait for the battery to cool down before flying?
I think that is not recommended to charge battery immediately after flight when the battery is warm.

What is recommended about using battery immediately after charging? If we charge battery in the field, do we need to wait for the battery to cool down before flying?
I think that is not recommended to charge battery immediately after flight when the battery is warm.
It’s not recommended but have done it more times than I can count with all my drone batteries and never have had any
issues .

Best practice is to let batteries cool down before charging. They can be charged straight away but this is usually at the slight expense of the overall battery life. In extreme conditions they could get damaged or catch fire (sunny/hot environment, no ventilation, aggressive flying, fast charging)

Nice bit of kit, but is this a lot better than the flymore 3x battery charger and a 10,000mah usb powerbank? What voltage is the 10000mah at? The main benefit I can see is charging 2 batteries in parallel, but it's a significant premium over a good quality USB power bank or 3.
A regular power bank will power the hub but it won't do the quick charge thing at 18 watts. But there are some affordable ones that do provide QC 3.0, like this:
https://www.amazon.com/10000mAh-Por...artphone/dp/B07X1JN3M2/ref=asc_df_B07X1JN3M2/

There are also car chargers that provide QC 3.0 that are pretty cheap.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun