DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

External Bluetooth GPS receiver for wifi devices

Niblett

Reactions
Read the reviews I could find and pulled the trigger on the Garmin GLO. 10 times better accuracy and speed than most phone or tablet gps. Bluetooth connection within 30ft. 10hz refresh rate. Will be using with 2018 6th gen iPad wifi only, for updating home position on boats, and to a lesser degree, a solid follow me link.

IMG_0325.JPG

Reactions: BossOlive
Garmin GLO really good Bluetooth receiver for wifi devices
Garmin GLO is a GPS receiver with the capability to link via Bluetooth to any other Bluetooth enabled device to use GPS position data.

The link you provided shows devices capable of transferring Audio via Bluetooth. That's a complete different use case.

Reactions: EETWiz
Just did a full run up with my new iPad (no cellular) and the GLO. Hovering with the remote laid down after putting into ‘follow me’ I can pick up the GLO and walk around just a few meters and tracks perfectly. We all know how contrast effects the operation of ‘active track’, if you don’t there are videos on YT. So with this GLO you will be able to get a better lock on tracking say a car or boat if you are in it. Remember you must have the GLO inside the range of Bluetooth (30m). The other thing to mention is cost versus what you want in the devices used. This is where you get better for less IMO. The iPad 6th gen 32 was $490 Canadian out the door. The Garmin GLO was $120. The jump to the cellular model of the iPad (that has less accurate and slower GPS) is greater than the cost of the GLO. More accurate, better fix, can use with any phone or tablet with Bluetooth. More for less

Reactions: BossOlive
Read the reviews I could find and pulled the trigger on the Garmin GLO. 10 times better accuracy and speed than most phone or tablet gps. Bluetooth connection within 30ft. 10hz refresh rate. Will be using with 2018 6th gen iPad wifi only, for updating home position on boats, and to a lesser degree, a solid follow me link.

View attachment 54225

I have that for my iPad mini 4 Works amazingly[emoji106]

Reactions: Niblett
If i buy one of these bluetooth gps units like the GLO or Dual unit, do i need to add any other map package to my ipad? is DJIgo4 smart enough to use a bluetooth receiver and maps installed ith ios13.7 on my ipad?
This device won't do a thing to help you get maps because the maps come from the internet.
All this will do is provide GPS location data for where you are and that's going to be pretty close to the GPS location that your drone saved for its home point.
You can only get maps from the net, either by downloading on site or caching before going to a remote location.
But do you really need maps anyway?
I've only used them once in 6 years of flying.

This device won't do a thing to help you get maps because the maps come from the internet.
All this will do is provide GPS location data for where you are and that's going to be pretty close to the GPS location that your drone saved for its home point.
You can only get maps from the net, either by downloading on site or caching before going to a remote location.
But do you really need maps anyway?
I've only used them once in 6 years of flying.

Simply using your phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot will resolve all of your map issues. You can also download the maps before taking your iPad off Wi-Fi. None of these are showstoppers for passionate drone pilots.

Simply using your phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot will resolve all of your map issues. You can also download the maps before taking your iPad off Wi-Fi. None of these are showstoppers for passionate drone pilots.
Thinking the same thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61