DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

External FAA Number

Very cool colours. Almost looks official!

Good to see someone else numbers their batteries although my stylish method is with a marker pen! Surprised to not see a name on the drone though. It seems anthropomorphism of drones these days is the go. Just be sure not to christen it in a font (or a lake)!

Thanks you guys! My wife matched the color of the battery numbers and the FAA ID to the gray of the Mavic body. Came together really well! My name, number and FAA info are also still inside the battery compartment. So hopefully, I’m covered if the thing goes down unexpectedly.

So is this going to be a new venture for your wife?
How much for a skin set with numbers -bright orange-?
4 batteries.

So, for the skin, you’ll want to go to to Decal Girl. They use high end auto wrap vinyl for all the curved surfaces on the Mavic. That’s what I did.

But she says she’ll do FAA numbers on good quality adhesive vinyl in any color and font you want (I chose Batman Forever font) for $5 shipped to anywhere in the US. For $7 she’ll include battery numbers to match. PM me if you’d like some. I can get you her info.

I figure if you gotta show your FAA ID, why not do it with some style? :)

View attachment 63989

Also, it's sure nice that my wife's hobby is vinyl design.
I did mine the same way on my Mavic Pro except I have one on the port aft arm facing aft, and one on the Starboard aft arm facing the nose. I also have one on the top forward of the battery cover. I figure what the heck, might as well go all out. Which I have had mine on the MP since I got it. Never really saw any purpose in hiding it since mine is a commercial registration and it is tied to the serial number of the drone.

Reactions: IShouldBeWorking
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627