DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

External Hub IPAD 11 GEN 2

MikeS

Reactions
I think anyone that has been flying drones for a while would agree that it would be great if you could charge the IPAD when connected to the radio. I just purchased the new Ipad 11 Gen 2 and was hoping to use all of its capabilities. I would like to connect a hub to the Ipad and connect the transmitter to the hub. Basically using the hub as a pass-through. Then connect an external battery to the hub so the Ipad can charge. I could also use the HDMI on the hub to connect directly to another tv. I can wirelessly mirror the Ipad now but sometimes it's a little laggy. The HDMI picture running straight to the tv from the Ipad 11 is incredible and there is ZERO lag. I'm wondering if DJI will even allow this. I feel there has to be a handshake of data and power through the cable connecting the radio but I could be wrong. The last thing, I do have a hub now but it only has a USB C power pass through so I know I can't run data using that port. I have tried connecting the radio to one of the USB 3.0 ports using an adaptor but the Go apps won't recognize the radio. I have purchased another hub and it should be delivered soon. Here is a link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076BGJXTG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 NOW we just need to know what type/brand of hud. Has anyone tried this? Have you had any luck? If so can you share?

sorry if i sound negative ,but one of the biggest complaints people with android devices have, is the fact that the device draws power from the RC ,ios on the other hand does not
with my Ipad 9.7"6th gen i can easily fly all 8 batteries i have for both my drones on one full charge, and still have loads of power in both the RCs and the Ipad at the end of the days flying
may i ask why you would want the RC to charge your device

sorry if i sound negative ,but one of the biggest complaints people with android devices have, is the fact that the device draws power from the RC ,ios on the other hand does not
with my Ipad 9.7"6th gen i can easily fly all 8 batteries i have for both my drones on one full charge, and still have loads of power in both the RCs and the Ipad at the end of the days flying
may i ask why you would want the RC to charge your device
The RC remote has never recharged any of the tablets that I have used over the last 5 years. That includes Android and IOS. They may provide a small amount of current but not enough to charge. The goal is to get a hard line connection via HDMI cable from the Ipad to a TV that I'm using as an external monitor. The IPAD 11 Pro will connect via HDMI and it does a superior job. But the only way you can connect via HDMI AND use the DJI equipment is to run everything thru a HUB because the Ipad only has one USB C connection. Charging the Ipad while using the HUB would be a great addition but it's not the ultimate goal. As I said in my post, I can connect to the TV using the mirror option on Android and IOS tablets but it's a little laggy and it also requires both tablet and TV on the same wifi connection. Thanks for your reply.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu