DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

External monitor

brownviper1966

Reactions
does anyone have recommendation on how to connect an external monitor for other people to watch live what is been filmed by the drone.
I can only find the Nvidia Shield K1 tablet that has an extra hdmi output. but some how it seems dated.

any suggestions would be appreciated

An SC unit would do it, or a secondary regular RC....but that would give fewer gimbal access.

DJI goggles?

Reactions: Gindra
I guess the cheaper option would be to Screencast the app screen via wifi using miracast or something similar.

Reactions: RogerMav
does anyone have recommendation on how to connect an external monitor for other people to watch live what is been filmed by the drone.
I can only find the Nvidia Shield K1 tablet that has an extra hdmi output. but some how it seems dated.

We have set up a 24" monitor in a pelican case with HDMI wireless link which is nice but, has also some video lag. You can also go with a direct connection with the use of Smart Controller HDMI out to HDMI in or TV/Monitor. You also have the option to screencast via app as mentioned above or even setup YouTube Live which can stream to smart tv.

Reactions: RogerMav and Gindra
I have a Smart Controller (SC) and I also have a Feel World 7 inch super bright monitor at 2,200nits, the brightest out there, for others to watch. It has an HDMI plug, so I connect the SC to the Feel World via the HDMI. Cheapest and best option out there, You can get a new Feel World 279 monitor for around $235 from B&H. Its brighter, lighter and MUCH cheaper than the largest Super Bright CS monitor.

This guy shows how to fly dji go in a laptop using an android emulator. I guess it would be a dirty cheap way for having a big screen and multiple ways to share this screen over distance.

I use a portable 13.3" HDMI monitor off the HDMI port on the Smart Controller. I use a USB power bank to power the monitor. I can concentrate on flying the drone and my video director can call the shots.

I use a portable 13.3" HDMI monitor off the HDMI port on the Smart Controller. I use a USB power bank to power the monitor. I can concentrate on flying the drone and my video director can call the shots.
How bright (in NITS) is your 13 .3 inch monitor and how long does a battery last at it's brightest setting, assuming it has adjustable brightness?

How bright (in NITS) is your 13 .3 inch monitor and how long does a battery last at it's brightest setting, assuming it has adjustable brightness?
It's about 350 nits. I needed to make a shade to use it in bright light. It will run 6-8 hours on a 8,000 Mah battery pack. There are numerous field monitors on Amazon from 7 inches to 18 inches that have HDMI inputs.

Reactions: Emanáku
It's about 350 nits. I needed to make a shade to use it in bright light. It will run 6-8 hours on a 8,000 Mah battery pack. There are numerous field monitors on Amazon from 7 inches to 18 inches that have HDMI inputs.
Ohhh wow, so it is not very bright at all, compared to even a basic cell phone. Nice long run time with that large battery though. I would think if you are going to go through the effort of having an additional monitor when flying with the Smart Controller, you would want to have a monitor equal to or greater than the SC screen. That is why I went with the light weight, super bright 2,200NITS Feel World 279S monitor, plus it is not much over $200.

Had a K1 tablet lying around, just tested, can confirm the HDMI port works well.
The tablet is dated however I think it's fine running Go 4.

Just did a test flight with M2P. Flawless!
Paired with my Zeiss Cinemizer, screen mirrored via HDMI port on the Nvidia Shield Tablet.

Almost every flight I had when screensharing to a chromecast I always experienced lag. Especially when I would pan left or right looking at far distances. Iv had great luck with my smart controller and a good hdmi. Here's my groundstation setup. I'm experimenting with ways to safely mount the monitor in the lid of my case and include a battery. 20210516_195813.jpg

Attachments

• 20210516_195823.jpg
    20210516_195823.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 26
Reactions: Emanáku and Lens
You can also use an iPad pro and use a port hub with the hdmi output and hook up any size monitor you would like.

You can also use an iPad pro and use a port hub with the hdmi output and hook up any size monitor you would like.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54