DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

External permanent antenna?

RawRock

Reactions
Can I possibly run wiring to the roof of my house and run my Mavic controller from inside?

I wonder if permanent mounted antennas on the roof of my house are possible?

No need to be rude, I Definetely am in agreement in getting outside when it’s for recreation; but in my situation I’m referring to it’s more for home security or work related.

Reactions: sonof40
So much i would like to say about this. But ill just say, Get out of the house and fly your drone
Hey, I gotta say...I love to get out of the house and fly my Mavic...But when it's 5 below zero F out, and I have a nice field right out my living room picture window, there's no better way to learn the software and the A/C than sitting in front of that window, sipping coffee, and flying. I agree with the OP. No need to be rude.

It can be done. You'll certainly get signal transmission and receiving without any blocking.

Reactions: RawRock
No need to be rude, I Definetely am in agreement in getting outside when it’s for recreation; but in my situation I’m referring to it’s more for home security or work related.
If you are doing this for "work", a few questions.
1. Are you in the US?
2. Are you Part 107 certified?
3. Do you have plans to comply with the line of visual sight requirement when operating the drone? Or are you planning to apply for a waiver?

Definetely line of site. I refer to work as in helping me do things easier than I would usually do them. Like flying in line of site while watching out my window and looking down on my 9 year old daughter and make sure she is safe while she walks to school in the mornings a 1/2 mike walk through our farm every morning. Dang, why am I getting all this friction from this question? First post on here, and everyone is all angry and antagonistic for some reason. I don’t get it.

Reactions: roaster and sonof40
No one is "all angry" (except possibly you). Just trying to get all the parameters for what doesn't sound like a great or safe idea on the surface.

If you are "watching out the window", then you probably don't need external antennas mounted on the house. Just stay close to the window. Perhaps maybe look at a range extender on your remote.

Reactions: locoman
Dang, why am I getting all this friction from this question? First post on here, and everyone is all angry and antagonistic for some reason. I don’t get it.

Can't answer that question except to say that there are all sorts of folks here, most with opinions.
As for flying with remote antennas, check out this thread:

Titan Drones, Inc - ATLAS Antenna System

There's also another (I couldn't find it), that describes how to combine amplifiers on the R/C (from Titan), with low loss cable to antennas on the roof. It's a very long thread, but interesting reading. If I can find it I'll post it. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks guys, I maybe got defensive and shouldn’t have. I’ll try to do better in the future and thankful for any help I can get on the forum.

Can I possibly run wiring to the roof of my house and run my Mavic controller from inside?

Let’s just say it greatly goes against the LOS rule. But many people are using just FPV goggles so what the difference lol? Good luck man. If you do find a way. Keep it on the down low. You don’t want to get in trouble.

I could see why you got defensive! beachcombing is trying to be a detective and sh#t why all the questions? U the police.....holy crap man if u cant just answer the op's question dont reply to the thread.

Reactions: roaster
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll