DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extra MA2 battery cost $260

dsd317

Reactions
Amazon is notorious for this kind of shady dealing (pricing).

I ALWAYS do a price check on Amazon items.

In fairness, it's a 3rd party seller on Amazon now. When Amazon had it in stock, it was the same $115 as everywhere else. If you see ships and sold by Amazon, prices are usually pretty reasonable. When you are looking at 3rd party sellers, its a free-for-all.

No, thats someone trying to charge more. DJI sells them for $115

In fairness, it's a 3rd party seller on Amazon now. When Amazon had it in stock, it was the same $115 as everywhere else. If you see ships and sold by Amazon, prices are usually pretty reasonable. When you are looking at 3rd party sellers, its a free-for-all.

I don't care if it's Amazon itself or a third party seller, if it's listed on Amazon it needs to be checked for gouging and how hard would it be to have software do just that. Amazon only cares when they get caught -- when someone price gouges doesn't Amazon make more from the sale to?

Brian

Reactions: Badgersurfer
I don't care if it's Amazon itself or a third party seller, if it's listed on Amazon it needs to be checked for gouging and how hard would it be to have software do just that. Amazon only cares when they get caught -- when someone price gouges doesn't Amazon make more from the sale to?

Brian

As far as I know, in the USA, we still live in a free market, capitalist economy. Sellers can charge whatever they want to in Amazon's marketplace...it's no one's responsibility to police the prices as supply and demand ebb and flow. It's the buyer that makes the choice what they are willing to pay.

Brian

How is it gouging? It’s more like supply and demand. Nobody is forced to buy an overpriced battery from amazon when they can order from bestbuy, DJI etc.

In most capitalistic societies, a seller can charge whatever they want. It is up to the buyer to decide whether or not it is worth it. Competition is the only thing that sets pricing.

Rip off ???
This type of transaction has been going on since the invention of barter.
Solution ? Become a smart shopper.

And when new flyers seek help, give them good advice. If you aren’t aware of the better prices, for whatever reason, it is easy to think that the listed price is fairly close to mainstream. Unfortunately, some sellers just try it on! That is why these forums - and multiple internet searches - are very helpful. ? ⚡⚡️ ?

Glad I purchased the Fly More Combo!!!
DJI Store has it for $115.00. Here is the link. Buy Mavic Air 2 Intelligent Flight Battery - DJI Store
I know I have seen it on Amazon for the same price.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidT_ NZ

Glad I purchased the Fly More Combo!!!
DJI Store has it of $115.00. Here is the link: Buy Mavic Air 2 Intelligent Flight Battery - DJI Store.
I believe I have seen it advertised on Amazon for the same price.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
One final comment too is that when it comes to batteries, buy the best and probably buy the originals from the drone supplier. Risking power failures in the sky from cheap lookalikes or having batteries explode because they are not safe, is simply not worth a few dollars for a “cheap deal”. Take care in buying. The Fly More Combo on the Mavic Air 2 from DJI, for example, was a “good deal”, with the two extra batteries being included. Cheers.

Reactions: 1buddyc and omer212
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143