DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extremely Excited Newbie Pilot

mithatrone

Reactions
Hi Mavic congress,
I have progress from a Tello to a Mavic Mini to a Mavic Air 2 in just less than a month!! I can't believe my self!!! ?
After having Mavic Mini for about 3 weeks, woke up this morning and saw the announcement of Mavic Air 2 and couldn't stop my fingers from placing the order on my phone while still half asleep in the bed!!
Here are some shots from my Mini as a novice pilot...1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Hi Mavic congress,
I have progress from a Tello to a Mavic Mini to a Mavic Air 2 in just less than a month!! I can't believe my self!!! ?
After having Mavic Mini for about 3 weeks, woke up this morning and saw the announcement of Mavic Air 2 and couldn't stop my fingers from placing the order on my phone while still half asleep in the bed!!
Here are some shots from my Mini as a novice pilot...View attachment 99871View attachment 99872View attachment 99873
Lucky u

welcome to the forum ,if i only had a MM then for the price i would get one as well
but at the moment my trusty old MPP that i have just reskinned has and still is flying great, and i cant really justify a third DJI drone at the momen, mainly because of the lockdown ,as i cant even fly the ones i have

Welcome to the forum! :)

Thank you for the welcome ?
I think I got in to the hobby only because of the lockdown as it could kinda take me to paces around my house!
I am lucky enough to live in a house at the edge of the estate next to train tracks, a canal and filed beyond. So.. I hope I can still enjoy it!
I am getting a lot of signal disruptions when flying the Mini and I guess they come because of the trees which are in front of my window I am flying from. Hope Air 2 will be better in this respect

Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Thank you for the welcome ?
I think I got in to the hobby only because of the lockdown as it could kinda take me to paces around my house!
I am lucky enough to live in a house at the edge of the estate next to train tracks, a canal and filed beyond. So.. I hope I can still enjoy it!
I am getting a lot of signal disruptions when flying the Mini and I guess they come because of the trees which are in front of my window I am flying from. Hope Air 2 will be better in this respect
you will have to register your drone with the CAA and take the flier id test, go on the CAA web site and it will all explained and you will need to display the operator id on the outside of the drone,of course you may have already done this its not a good idea to fly inside behind trees as you will be losing signal
the new drone will have a much better signal stability due to its use of occusync good luck

you will have to register your drone with the CAA and take the flier id test, go on the CAA web site and it will all explained and you will need to display the operator id on the outside of the drone,of course you may have already done this its not a good idea to fly inside behind trees as you will be losing signal
the new drone will have a much better signal stability due to its use of occusync good luck

Thank you for the advice Thumbswayup
I am already looking in to take the theory test and getting the registration stuff sorted.
Better signal stability is what I am hoping for and I need to get the registration stuff sorted before it arrives so that I will be all set to fly the drone after unboxing it ?

Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support here. We look forward to your participation.

Welcome to the Forum! You will find a lot of great information here. Feel free to shoot us a message if you ever have any questions!

Thanks,
FDS Team

Hi newbie!
Thanks for sharing your excitement - it's like the C-19 .....contagious!
Welcome to the forum and am looking forward to you sharing your new bird footage from your part of the planet. Nice MM shots too.
All the best mate and stay safe ....from Down Under

Here are some shots from my Mini as a novice pilot...View attachment 99873

I take it you had permission from the owners to fly in Trentham Gardens? It is private property as you have to buy a ticket to enter and given the monkeys that live to the west of the lake I can't see them letting drones in. Also I cant see you being on VLOS for that picture. Other than that.... nice picture. All mine are from the other end of the Itlaian Gargen from a hight of 18 feet.

Also the new Mavic Air 2 will not meet the new UK drone regs.

Reactions: mithatrone
I take it you had permission from the owners to fly in Trentham Gardens? It is private property as you have to buy a ticket to enter and given the monkeys that live to the west of the lake I can't see them letting drones in.
Actually I didn't get express permission as it is closed for the public and no one is there! However, I have an annual pass to the gardens as I live very locally and I also didn't go to the monkey forest part of the area as well. Based on these, I hope I wouldn't have annoyed anyone, but I am conscious of what you have mentioned above and thanks for pointing it out :)Thumbswayup

Reactions: jagraphics
If you haven't already, for your MA2, you can register as an operator here: Overview : Flying drones and model aircraft | UK Civil Aviation Authority

It takes less than 20 minutes and costs £9 (annually). I'm registered despite actually needing to be as I only have a Mavic Mini. However, should I add some weight to the MM which would take it over the 250g mark, or if I get a bigger drone, or if the rules/regs change, I'm already registered.

Of course, registering isn't enough in itself and you will still need to be aware of, and adhere to, the Drone Code.

Congrats on the MA2 - I am very envious :D

Mavic Air 2 will not meet the new UK drone regs.

I learned this in one of the threads of this forum. I haven't done any further qualifications as a drone operator, but that thread made me think that I should. I also am aware that I will not be able to use MA2 after 2022 unless it is 50m away from uninvolved people and 150m away from built-up areas.
But as it is 2 years away I am not that bothered as if I go up in the drone pilot ladder and MA2 is not suitable at that time, I might give (sell ?) it to my brother in Sri Lanka (where I am originally from) and buy a UK compliant drone at that time from the available market...

If you haven't already, for your MA2, you can register as an operator here: Overview : Flying drones and model aircraft | UK Civil Aviation Authority

It takes less than 20 minutes and costs £9 (annually). I'm registered despite actually needing to be as I only have a Mavic Mini. However, should I add some weight to the MM which would take it over the 250g mark, or if I get a bigger drone, or if the rules/regs change, I'm already registered.

Of course, registering isn't enough in itself and you will still need to be aware of, and adhere to, the Drone Code.

Congrats on the MA2 - I am very envious :D

I have just completed and acquired my Flyer and Operator IDs. I can't wait to see it!!! ?

Actually I didn't get express permission as it is closed for the public and no one is there! However, I have an annual pass to the gardens as I live very locally and I also didn't go to the monkey forest part of the area as well. Based on these, I hope I wouldn't have annoyed anyone, but I am conscious of what you have mentioned above and thanks for pointing it out :)Thumbswayup

When I looked at the picture it looked empty (and the web site says it is closed) . At least it is not National Trust who can be a complete pain re photography, never mind drones. I think it would be a brilliant place to get drone footage with out hordes of people of but do remember the 11th Commandment.

The only thing to be wary of, if you are a new flyer, is loosing track of the drone over water and around trees.

Hi Mavic congress,
Here are some shots from my Mini as a novice pilot...View attachment 99871View attachment 99872View attachment 99873
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Air 2 when it arrives, anxiously awaiting mine too, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa