DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extremely laggy video feed today, what happened?

Yaros

Reactions
Hello,
I was flying my Mavic Air 2 pretty far away today when suddenly the video feed froze and kept freezing, came back by looking at the compass and map, at 1 km distance the video unfroze but was very, very laggy. Even super close it would still lag, I had litchi on my phone, so I switched from DJI Fly to Litchi and the problem persisted even in litchi.
Here is the flight log:

Looks like you had a building between you and the drone.

General restrictions for flying drones in Spain
  • The drone, must always stay within visual range of the pilot (except in specific category under STS BVLOS).
  • Never exceed 120 m in flight.
  • Do not fly in a minimum of 8 km from any airport, aerodrome or controlled airspace.

Looks like you had a building between you and the drone.

General restrictions for flying drones in Spain
  • The drone, must always stay within visual range of the pilot (except in specific category under STS BVLOS).
  • Never exceed 120 m in flight.
  • Do not fly in a minimum of 8 km from any airport, aerodrome or controlled airspace.
I know about the regulations in Spain, but as I'm very far from any major airport I decided to risk it. Even when I was 100 meters away from me and 30 meters high the video would still lag.

But which side of the building were you on? It's never good to fly near any buildings.

But which side of the building were you on? It's never good to fly near any buildings.
I was on the roof of the building, that's where I always fly from. It was VLOS up to a certain point where I couldn't see it anymore visually because it was far away but the signal path was unobstructed. I every day fly from there and only today I had this issue.

Reactions: shma2
Sounds like cpu overload on your device. Shut down most if not all other apps in use. You probably have several running incl flight apps and should always pause either litchi or Fly when the other in use. Should stop the problem.

Reactions: Yaros
I presume the building is an apartment complex. Lots of personal wifi routers, thus lots of wifi interference on the controller side. The drone is wifi band based, and is easily confused by local interference. Logs can sometimes tell you if the drone can't hear the controller or vice-versa.

At two miles, with interference, you are pushing the range of the setup.

You might also try setting the downlink video to smooth rather than HD. Reduce the bandwidth needed, and perhaps even turn off video caching.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC