DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extremely poor quality video

Cam1999

Reactions
I bought a Mavic Pro a few months ago. Have been slow to get going with it having to get various firmware and s/w upgrades. My son can fly it well so the next stage was to try out the video and our attempts were truly awful.
At best it was a series of still shots and at worst it was completely blurred. In particular when taking video with the drone moving the whole image is bad. Not exactly blurred, like somebody had thrown a bucket of water over a still wet water colour.
I realise there are various settings that need to be set first but this was so bad I can't see how tweaking a few setting will correct the fault. What are we doing wrong? Will have another go at the weekend after checking the settings.

You'll have to post or link to some video and photos as an example. Are you downloading from the internal SD in the aircraft or looking at low resolution videos on your mobile device?

This was playing back the sd card in a computer.
It may be the SD card. Things may have changed, but the micro SD card that came with my Mavic was not fast enough to record high quality video. It needs to be U3 rated.

Last edited:
I will try copying the file onto the hard drive. It copes with dash cam footage from the camera ok. ac is the drone? It was new.

Checked the SD card, or micro SD card to be precise, and it was a U1. I will get some U3s. I copied the files to the hard drive and it eliminated some of the problems however comparing drone footage on YouTube this looks like it might be my son's technique. The thing that I noticed was that the drone footage is quite slow and methodical. Whereas my son was panning the drone around very quickly so this part was very blurred. Just as it would be if it was a still from a normal camera. He need to pan the drone around much more slowly and not use such sudden changes of direction.

You can tell your son to put the drone in tripod mode for the next video . All the movements are slowed way down and that should help lots .

Sounds like you didn't focus, but we'll never know until you post a bit of video for people to see.

I spent big money with a sandisk U3 class micro SD card and I had to change it for another that used to record on my gopro.
It was not like your situation but I had a few problems when recording my flights. After changing the card everything was perfect.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54