DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extremely Slow Movements for Hyper Lapse?

Citizen Flier

Reactions
What is the best way to control very slow dolly, pan, or other gimbal movements for time lapse? My micro stick control has improved, but I have only shot TL with a DSLR on tripod & motorized head. (I have M2P with SC) If shooting a 5-10min TL with slow, steady movement I can't imagine I'll be able to control the sticks properly for smooth/steady movement for 5-10- 20 mins.

I see there are multiple Hyperlapse Modes. So perhaps there is no need for stick control, and waypoints or other modes are all that's needed for movement? I recently viewed a Hyperlapse Video that appeared to use gimbal movement. So I'm wondering how that might have been acheived.

Thanks in advance to the crafty experts that have mastered this. (hopefully the solution will not be so obvious that I'll be stupid scolded)

It's probably not a good idea to free form flight in hyperlapse. It would depend though on your flight skills. Just remember that hyperlapse is continuously taking still photos at predetermined intervals then making a video out of the stills, each photo being a video frame.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000