DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA License!

Desperado

Reactions
Someone asked if they should acquire a license. In my town if you are checked and are flying without one they will ticket you. Also if your drone requires one, I think the FAA can fine you $2500. I purchased one for $40.00; Much cheaper.

Someone asked if they should acquire a license. In my town if you are checked and are flying without one they will ticket you. Also if your drone requires one, I think the FAA can fine you $2500. I purchased one for $40.00; Much cheaper.
You are talking about registration which is very different from a licence.
It costs $5 unless you get conned by one of the scam sites like you were.
Here's the actual FAA site for drone registration: FAADroneZone
The actual penalty is much higher
The potential penalties for failing to register are potentially steep— civil penalties up to $27,500 and criminal penalties up to $250,000 or three years in jail.
But I haven't heard of anyone being fined at all.

Sound like you "registered" your drone. You do not have a license. You will need to be FAA certified if you are compensated for ANY work with your drone. Be advised that operating a drone in any air space requires compliance to FAA regulations even if you are flying for fun. Ignorance is not an excuse. A suggestion is if you are going to only fly for fun look online for free study guides for FAA 107 sUAV certification to learn about many issues that having general knowledge will benefit you..
Have fun.

You can't buy a license from the FAA, you must take a test for the part 107 REMOTE PILOT.(for all you wanna bees, PILOT).

1. It probably would have been more helpful for you to post this as a reply to that the person asking the question would see your response, rather than start a new thread.

2. Are you talking about a license required by a local government or the FAA registration? If the former, where are you located? And if the latter, you paid $35 too much.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S