Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

FAA Part 107 sUAS Recurrent Test ~

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Loc
Western NC, USA
This thread is just for those who have already passed their Part 107 RPIC test and are coming up on their 24 month time period to become current again.

Here's a great video by one of our sponsors Gold Seal giving some pertinent information about the P107 Recurrent Test.

If you are a Part 61 operator AND you are CURRENT then you only need to take the ONLINE test and PASS it! Print it off and add it to you "On Person" documents in case you get a Ramp Check.

Reactions: svickstc and Wilbur

MrH

Reaction score
Loc
Grass Valley, CA
Just finished my recurrent test, couple of notes. Like it says I did not see any weather questions. Lots of airspace questions. Know your sectional charts. (Victory/federal airways) The 3DR online test prep is a good resource, go through all the questions. You might recognize a question, but pay attention to what is being asked. They change up the longitude/latitude for different answers.
It is my understanding that you must keep all the certified paperwork because FAA doesn't issue any recert documents. Somehow it is on file if your cert is checked, but I don't know where. IACRA doesn't show it.
Fly safe.

Reactions: BigAl07

ascension

Reaction score
Just finished my recurrent test, couple of notes. Like it says I did not see any weather questions. Lots of airspace questions. Know your sectional charts. (Victory/federal airways)
Just to avoid confusion, they are victor airways.

MrH

Reaction score
Loc
Grass Valley, CA
Great point. Imagine my surprise when I saw Federal Airways on the test. The question referenced a sectional chart, and the route was very clear.
M

Montana John

Reaction score
Loc
Bridger Range, Rocky Mountains, Montana
As we talk about testing, be aware that several changes in testing, especially for those desiring to fly at night and over people, are in the works to correlate with possible changes in the FAA 107 regulations which are being discussed now. If you want to look at the new proposed rules and see how to comment, go to Regulations.gov

Thoraldus

Search & Rescue P107
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Loc
Southeast Idaho
Site
www.rickster.org
As we talk about testing, be aware that several changes in testing, especially for those desiring to fly at night and over people, are in the works to correlate with possible changes in the FAA 107 regulations which are being discussed now. If you want to look at the new proposed rules and see how to comment, go to Regulations.gov
That was an interesting read. Thanks for the link!

Montana John

Reaction score
Loc
This thread is just for those who have already passed their Part 107 RPIC test and are coming up on their 24 month time period to become current again.

Here's a great video by one of our sponsors Gold Seal giving some pertinent information about the P107 Recurrent Test.

If you are a Part 61 operator AND you are CURRENT then you only need to take the ONLINE test and PASS it! Print it off and add it to you "On Person" documents in case you get a Ramp Check.
Big Al, do you think the new rules will change the content of the recurrent test?

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Loc
Western NC, USA
Big Al, do you think the new rules will change the content of the recurrent test?

Honestly I don't think so as they aren't related at all that I can tell. Now when new "allowances/rules" for Part 107 come about that will affect the re-current test for sure but for now this is Section 349 changes and not Part 107.

Montana John

Reaction score
Loc
Honestly I don't think so as they aren't related at all that I can tell. Now when new "allowances/rules" for Part 107 come about that will affect the re-current test for sure but for now this is Section 349 changes and not Part 107.
Thanks. I have a year and a half to go, so hopefully I can take advantage of some good feedback from people take any sort of revised test.

Reactions: BigAl07

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kjinet