DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA picks two 107 Remote Pilots to join Drone Advisory Committee.

Vic Moss

Premium Pilot
Reactions
It's an honor to be chosen to represent the 206,000+ Remote Pilots in the U.S. on the DAC. Kenji Sugahara and I were notified this morning that we were chosen as the representative in the new created Citizen UAS Operators category.

Congratulations! Your input will be extremely valuable. So much bad info out there. Knee jerk reaction. I am in Gulf Shores, Alabama for the winter and asked about flying my drones. I was told by a Police Officer, no flying due to how dangerous they are and they can be used for voyeurism. I asked if my binoculars would be confiscated since if I wanted to by a voyeur, they are more powerful? Most people here are in their 70's and 80's....voyeur? He laughed...said he is just delivering the message from the City Council. He understands and wants drones for the Police Dept. These cities do not understand FAA regulations.
This is how uninformed most are about drones. Also....I would think the main reason is that there are many drone pilots out there that abuse the law that result in these ridiculous "No Fly" laws.
Good luck and look forward to more reasonable results.

Congrats!

Reactions: Rchawks
While I am happy for you I am a little sad to see such little representation of the " hobby" side present in that list. Make sure you give people who are flying for fun responsibly a voice.

Current full list.

Reactions: MORTON
While I am happy for you I am a little sad to see such little representation of the " hobby" side present in that list. Make sure you give people who are flying for fun responsibly a voice.

Current full list.
No worries.
Kenji and I are also hobbyists. So we’ll have that in our plate too.
We also work closely with Dave Messina of the FPV Freedom Coalition.
With AMA now gone, we’ll definitely be the recreational voice as well.

No worries.
Appreciate it. Keep up the good fight.

That's an awesome honor and it's great for us.

Reactions: bcfd29
You'll get some real nice perks as a Federal Employee! Way to go guys

You'll get some real nice perks as a Federal Employee! Way to go guys
?
We’re not federal employees. As a matter of fact, it’s a volunteer position, and we’re responsible for our own expenses.

Which is why we’re excepting donations and subscriptions at www.dspalliance.org.

(Link admin approved)

No worries.
AMA Gone? What did I miss? Will they not be our community based group?

Reactions: DanMan32
AMA Gone? What did I miss? Will they not be our community based group?
I'm not sure why Rich is gone, but Kenji and I will be representing hobbyists and the FPV folks. We're still the only two (first two actually) that fly recreationally.

Congratulations! Your input will be extremely valuable. So much bad info out there. Knee jerk reaction. I am in Gulf Shores, Alabama for the winter and asked about flying my drones. I was told by a Police Officer, no flying due to how dangerous they are and they can be used for voyeurism. I asked if my binoculars would be confiscated since if I wanted to by a voyeur, they are more powerful? Most people here are in their 70's and 80's....voyeur? He laughed...said he is just delivering the message from the City Council. He understands and wants drones for the Police Dept. These cities do not understand FAA regulations.
This is how uninformed most are about drones. Also....I would think the main reason is that there are many drone pilots out there that abuse the law that result in these ridiculous "No Fly" laws.
Good luck and look forward to more reasonable results.
Had a neighbor post on our neighborhood site she had seen a drone and worried about it seeing into her bedroom. So dumb to think a drone flying above 50 ft in the daytime could see into a window, much less have a zoom powerful enough to make out anything. IDK about other drones, mine's lens equivilent is probably 20mm. [Mavic mini] Eg wide, vs tele. That plus the offset of daylight vs shadow of indoors, the thumbnail size window wouuld see reflection from outside and nothing inside.

Had a neighbor post on our neighborhood site she had seen a drone and worried about it seeing into her bedroom. So dumb to think a drone flying above 50 ft in the daytime could see into a window, much less have a zoom powerful enough to make out anything. IDK about other drones, mine's lens equivilent is probably 20mm. [Mavic mini] Eg wide, vs tele. That plus the offset of daylight vs shadow of indoors, the thumbnail size window wouuld see reflection from outside and nothing inside.
I use posts like that to my advantage.

When I see them I mention that I'll be flying at my local school and post the date. If anyone has any questions, I answer them, and even let them fly one of my drones.

Reactions: anotherlab
Reactions: Vic Moss
Saw your interview on Pilot Institute.
Like the transparency. I think it will make a difference with our concerns being grouped and channeled via you through the FAA. I will be subscribing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929