DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Registration

smalt0141

Reactions
In November I purchased a Mavic Air and had a 3rd party register my drone and had them make labels for me as well....(I did not know better). I got my FAA registration number and labeled my MA.
Last week I purchased a Mavic Mini and was under the impression that I had to now go register this drone with the FAA (even tho it is under 250). I went to the FAA site this time to register same and started an account on the FAA site. Of course it did not recognize my name or address, or phone number.
I now have 2 FAA registration numbers.....Does anybody know how I can combine both into one account.....or delete one of the accounts.
I invested $26 in the first 3rd party registration and another $5 for the "new" registration.
What to do? Do I keep both registration numbers? Do I try and call FAA and have them combine the accounts? ??????
Thanks for any help.

if you are none 107 and fly as a recreational user then you can use either number on both your drones, i would just leave things alone and display the official FAA no on both your drones and you know you are covered

Do I try and call FAA and have them combine the accounts?
If you're only flying as a hobbyist (just for fun), you can use the same registration number on all of your drones.

It'll probably be more work than it's worth too attempt to get both to appear in your FAA account. I'd just use the second number.

Mornin...new to all of this too but it’s a unique question. But can I ask, if it didn’t recognize your info when you registered your mini, how have you determined that you have two accounts?

I would think the FAA only wants to ensure that a drone that’s more than 250 grams and, involved in some violation, is registered and can be traced back to an owner. They aren’t regulating the mini, so that account, and number don’t count from the regulation side. The one that counts is the MA. As long as your info, name address etc. are attached to the registration number that’s on the MA I think you should be fine.

Mornin...new to all of this too but it’s a unique question. But can I ask, if it didn’t recognize your info when you registered your mini, how have you determined that you have two accounts?

I would think the FAA only wants to ensure that a drone that’s more than 250 grams and, involved in some violation, is registered and can be traced back to an owner. They aren’t regulating the mini, so that account, and number don’t count from the regulation side. The one that counts is the MA. As long as your info, name address etc. are attached to the registration number that’s on the MA I think you should be fine.
although it is not at this time a requirement to register a MM, if you add any attachments to it then it will be over the 250g threshold the original registration was done on a none official FAA web site so there is no way of knowing if it is registered or not only the word of the dummy site,thats why the OP was told to use the official FAA site and use that no on both his drones

Reactions: Almaz Aswad
although it is not at this time a requirement to register a MM, if you add any attachments to it then it will be over the 250g threshold the original registration was done on a none official FAA web site so there is no way of knowing if it is registered or not only the word of the dummy site,thats why the OP was told to use the official FAA site and use that no on both his drones

Ahhh...good point! I didn’t realize the“dummy” site wouldn’t have registered OP with DroneZone.

Reactions: old man mavic

I would think that if my info were recognized I would not get a new registration number.

Ahhh...good point! I didn’t realize the“dummy” site wouldn’t have registered OP with DroneZone.
The dummy site sent me a copy of the FAA registration they received which appears to be exactly like the copy of the registration that I got from the FAA site when I registered for the second time. The only thing that is different on the 2 registration cards is the FAA drone reg. number.

The dummy site sent me a copy of the FAA registration they received which appears to be exactly like the copy of the registration that I got from the FAA site when I registered for the second time. The only thing that is different on the 2 registration cards is the FAA drone reg. number.

Cool, then @old man mavic‘s right, as long as the MA is officially registered with FAA, use that number on both drones, assuming you’ve already labeled the MA and you may have need to label the MM at a later point, use an Amazon FAA label vendor to make another set of labels with same number.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada