DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Test Prep and Exam

wfwforde

Reactions
Seems to be a lot of drone preparation out there, but I am looking for some experienced, credibale info as to where I can sign up to study and get prepared for and where to take the test?

Last edited:
Seems to be a lot of drone preparation out there, but I am looking for some experienced, credibale info as to where I can sign up to study and get prepared for and where to take the test?
I keep a list of commonly recommended FAA Part 107 study resources here.

Reactions: AXO9481
You can self study or you can purchase a structured course. To save time and make sure I was studying the right info, I purchased the Gold Seal course. They guarantee you will pass or they pay for your exam. I passed with a 93.

I completely agree with Gold Seal UAV Ground School. I have used them for a couple of years now and they are 2nd to none in the industry.

You can self study or you can purchase a structured course. To save time and make sure I was studying the right info, I purchased the Gold Seal course. They guarantee you will pass or they pay for your exam. I passed with a 93.
I have been studying for about three weeks using Gold Seal course, I am very pleased with the material. Rather I follow through with testing for 107 certificate or not I have learned a lot about airspace and proper protocol. I am 100% confident the material is not opinion based but factual information presented in a way this old knuckle head can comprehend and use. Good luck with whatever route you choose. Be safe!

Hey Rich,

You will be using the “Airman’s Knowledge Testing Supplement” I posted above for and even during the real test, and like the real test, the 2019 test prep book I posted uses questions for that supplement.

These two books are great too, because you can carry and study with them anywhere.

Reactions: Rich55
Hey Rich,

You will be using the “Airman’s Knowledge Testing Supplement” I posted above for and even during the real test, and like the real test, the 2019 test prep book I posted uses questions for that supplement.

These two books are great too, because you can carry and study with them anywhere.
Thanks Amann, I have both files downloaded. This former is very informative and great resource but I am getting some much needed information from Gold Seal training.
Be safe and may all your flying be fantastic.

Thank you

Thanks for the advice!

Read all of and use the FAA site for test locations and other regulations, they have some free practice tests there too:

Become a Drone Pilot

I also only used these free websites to study from:

Free FAA Part 107 sUAS & Drone Certification Study Guide | Northrup.Photo

VFRMAP - Digital Aeronautical Charts

A Complete Guide to Decoding NOTAMs

And these two manuals purchased from www.asa2fly.com:

View attachment 66731
View attachment 66732

I signed up to this guys website newsletter and they sent me the testing supplement PDF book for free in an email.
Drone Attorney and Legal Assistance -

I used remotepilot101 and Tony Northrups youtube video I watched Tony’s video on Monday, took the remotepilot101 training course on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, brushed up on few problem areas on Thursday and passed the test on Friday with an 87. Missed a couple of trick questions and one that I disagree with and the others just plain ole fooled me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22