DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA TRUST Test is here!

pilotinstitute

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Hey real quick. The FAA just released The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST). Everyone flying their drones recreationally in the US is required to take it. The good news is it’s free, it’s fast and Pilot Institute is an authorized Testing provider. You can find more information about TRUST with this video
and take the test directly at https://trust.pilotinstitute.com.

Then I can deal with it. ?
Yep, Greg is right. It's active now. I got the pre-release info, but couldn't post it. As of 30 minutes ago, TRUST is alive and kicking.

And remember folks, even Part 107 Pilots have to take it in order to fly under 44809 rules.

And since @pilotinstitute is a sponsor, I suggest people go there to take it. Follow the link Greg posted.

I just took it. I went to the FAA website to find the list of providers, and I took mine from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, so now I can say I got a diploma from them (sort of). I did notice one thing during the course work: It said that, if the FAA or local law enforcement asks, you must tell them which CBO's set of rules you are flying under. Hmm, I'm not aware of any approved CBOs yet. The FAA issued some interim guidelines that I think I can fly under, but that wasn't mentioned during the TRUST course.

Oh well, I also have a Part 107 certificate, and virtually all of my flying would be allowed under either set of rules, so I'm not too concerned about this. But they ought to approve a CBO one of these days...

Yes Loretta Alkalay also posted the information in one of the better groups with links. About time it came out.
Yep, she posted it in one of my groups... ?

I just took it. I went to the FAA website to find the list of providers, and I took mine from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, so now I can say I got a diploma from them (sort of). I did notice one thing during the course work: It said that, if the FAA or local law enforcement asks, you must tell them which CBO's set of rules you are flying under. Hmm, I'm not aware of any approved CBOs yet. The FAA issued some interim guidelines that I think I can fly under, but that wasn't mentioned during the TRUST course.

Oh well, I also have a Part 107 certificate, and virtually all of my flying would be allowed under either set of rules, so I'm not too concerned about this. But they ought to approve a CBO one of these days...
The CBO is rule #2 in 44809. Here's what the FAA says about it.
"Follow the safety guidelines of an FAA-recognized Community Based Organization (CBO).
Note: We have not yet begun officially recognizing CBOs. Recreational flyers are directed to follow the safety guidelines of existing aeromodeling organizations or use the FAA provided safety guidelines per Advisory Circular 91-57B."

So while you can use guidance from aeromodelling organizations like FliteTest or AMA, you can also use the AC91-57B. That should be the answer you give the FAA or law enforcement when they ask you.

Pays to actually watch the video before going on about something. Sigh. FAA TRUST Online Portal for Recreational Drone Operators - Pilot Institute. You do not take it at the FAA site. If you are a Part107, you can skip the slides and just do the tests...took me 3mins to complete....
Sorry meant no offense but I trust only a few when it comes to anything todo with the FAA. Don’t need or want your advice or would have asked for it. Thank you.

Added, Sorry guys I had a moment .

Last edited:
Reactions: RMS001
Sorry meant no offense but I trust only a few when it comes to anything todo with the FAA. Don’t need or want your advice or would have asked for it. Thank you.
You can add Greg from @pilotinstitute to your small circle of people you can trust when it comes to putting our correct FAA info... ?

He runs in some pretty tight knit FAA circles.

Guys I’m always suspicious ofthe new vendors .
I apologize @pilotinstitute I recommend you to all .
Just been here to long I guess. Don’t trust any new folks but you
have a ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ