DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Facebook Live Streaming

Snow Bird 1

Reactions
Think I need some guidance here.... The streaming on FB is an advertised feature of the Mavic Pro. It is in the manual(s) etc. However, it seems that while the feature worked on previous Go apps, it no longer does on the Go 4 app - with Android! Works only with IOS!!!

Yes, I know all the IOS users are LOL, but there are a few of us android folk out here NOT LOL! I have an S5, so not out of date in terms of technology and even an S7 has no working feature with Go 4.

Come on DJI, what is going on (or "not") here?? Can anyone help me out with more detail or am I wrong in thinking this is "not as advertised"???

For clarification: You couldn't find the FB livestreaming feature in the DJI app, or you found it & tried it and it doesn't work?

I can't actually test it out right now to see if it works for me, but if finding the feature in the DJI app in the first place is where you're stuck I can post some screenshots from Android showing where to access it.

Sidenote: DJI seems to reaaaaally love burying stuff in scattered locations all over the place in their app.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
For clarification: You couldn't find the FB livestreaming feature in the DJI app, or you found it & tried it and it doesn't work?

I can't actually test it out right now to see if it works for me, but if finding the feature in the DJI app in the first place is where you're stuck I can post some screenshots from Android showing where to access it.

Sidenote: DJI seems to reaaaaally love burying stuff in scattered locations all over the place in their app.
Easy to find the FB (and other) streaming on/off etc. Just does not work on Android from DJI Go 4. Apparently worked on previous App and still works on IOS with Go 4!!!.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Easy to find the FB (and other) streaming on/off etc. Just does not work on Android from DJI Go 4. Apparently worked on previous App and still works on IOS with Go 4!!!.

****. I set it up with YouTube a few days ago and everything seemed OK. Really lame that FB isn't working.

Just waiting for the "heavyweight" users to offer up some advice here - seems there are now quite a few pilots with lots of experience on lots of topics - perhaps this one is not to their liking, or perhaps there is nothing to say!! Or perhaps DJI screwed this one up???

Reactions: spoonlamp
I am not ready yet to try this but I find it very interesting why this does not work for you guys, while it should work accordingly to DJI. Somewhere settings are not completely just or the software has a glitch. Some users have no problems and some do.

I do not have the answer but if I have one I will be the first to tell you all. Maybe someone else has a bright idea?

Happy Flying
Brewsky

OK, Got the scoop after several LONG sessions with DJI - IT IS AN ISSUE. Finally they admit it! Here is response after an hour of back and forth - two chat sessions etc....

I have verified this with my team and as of the moment, our developers are still working on this concern. The Facebook live is not available for DJI go 4 on Android. We will be raising this issue to our HQ team, Rodney

I told them I hope they fix it soon - there could be serious trade/product consequences etc.

Ah this is really good news. I hope they'll fix it soon! :) Keep us up to date :D

And here I thought it was me. On Verizon 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. I've setup youtube which is a bigger pain that it needs to be but Facebook is a no go.

And here I thought it was me. On Verizon 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. I've setup youtube which is a bigger pain that it needs to be but Facebook is a no go.
Please go to DJI chat and ask the question!! The more people that ask, the squeakier the wheel, etc...

So.. Guys..
Check out DJI Go 4.0.3. Looks like they fixed facebook live streaming!
I'm not able to check it since there's a storm.. but.. YAY :D

Reactions: peterj and kb6ooc
Going to try mine today - has anyone actually used it - if so, please let us know what device and which software release you are on.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser