DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Factory reset for Mavic 2

PointG

Reactions
Hi,
I have been having ongoing problems with controller and GO 4 disconnects using the Smart Controller and the Standard controller.
I've cleared the cashes and refreshed everything and the next thing suggested is to do a Factory Restore.
In the tutorials I have found for other models you just use the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and there is normally a Factory Reset link at the bottom.
When I connect mine I see the various firmwares available and installed but no reset button.
What am I missing and how would I do a Factory Reset?
TIA,
G

Hi,
I have been having ongoing problems with controller and GO 4 disconnects using the Smart Controller and the Standard controller.
I've cleared the cashes and refreshed everything and the next thing suggested is to do a Factory Restore.
In the tutorials I have found for other models you just use the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and there is normally a Factory Reset link at the bottom.
When I connect mine I see the various firmwares available and installed but no reset button.
What am I missing and how would I do a Factory Reset?
TIA,
G
Download and use the DJI assistant for the previous Mavic pro ( Mavic 1 ) It will allow a reset of the Mavic 2. You can find that version in the (DJI) downloads area for the Mavic pro

Reactions: Thomas B and PointG
Download and use the DJI assistant for the previous Mavic pro ( Mavic 1 ) It will allow a reset of the Mavic 2. You can find that version in the (DJI) downloads area for the Mavic pro
Threads a bit old but I'm still curious, does this method work on the 1.1.2 version that is used for debug mode?
If it is, will I be required to log in before resetting?
If yes to that, will logging in screw up the use of that version debug mode

Its OK if your unsure of the last few questions! Dont worry about it.

Lastly, do you know specifically what using this factory default method does to the drone?
Does it revert the AC back to the factory firmware .0000 or .0100?
Or is it more simple, like just resetting the camera settings and all the G04 settings and AC name, etc

I'm seeking a method to reset a deeply rooted battery issue that keeps rearing its head at the worst possible times and has survived through several firmware up/downgrades of all three c=versions out right now (.300, .400 & .510)

Thanks for any help!

JD

Last edited:
That worked. Was able to reset the M2
Just did a quick test flight with no crashes of the SC.
Fingers crossed.

Could you comment on whether or not this helped your situation?

Did it reset your firmware back to factory firmware .0000 or .0100?
What other resets did you notice?

I have a painfully annoying issue with my batteries that shows up at random and is very frustrating as it grounds me without notice. Its survived several up/downgrades of fw, back n forth between all versions of the currently available fw (.0300, .0400 &.0510) so I'm kindve hoping that it resets to .0100 but i somehow doubt it!

Thanks and I hope your situation improved!

JD

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803