DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAIL-SAFE Systems / Accessories

Lionheart

Reactions
Hey guys I was wondering what would be some of the best fail safe systems to have for your Mavic 2 when things go bad and the drone falls/crashes or whatever into bushlands / oceans / rivers and then recovery becomes the main concern. The whole idea is to avoid it in the first place but if it does happen then DJI Care Refresh is only gonna be effective if you can give them the actual drone back.

So far I've been looking into the different scenarios and what accessories would be best, love to hear any thoughts, opinions & real world tests.

RIVERS / OCEANS

Arris Raptor2 Skid for the DJI Mavic 2

I bought this actually just for the fact that the pontoon attachment seemed to lock in quite strongly and if the drone did happen to fall into a ocean or river it would float even upside down with water filling up inside the drone. I've emailed to see if I can get confirmation on whether or not the pontoon attachment would actually be able to float a fully submerged Mavic 2 Pro.

LINK: Arris Raptor2 Skid for the DJI Mavic 2 (Pre-Order FOR 09/15/19) shipment | irepairmd

raptr2.jpg

GetterBack Depth Activated Recovery System

This one looks super useful for when the drone may fall into a river, it won't float the drone but it will indicate where it is so you have the chance of retrieving it and they're pretty cheap!

1+GRB.png

LINK: https://www.getterback.com/store/getterback-depth-activated-recovery-system

BUSHLAND / TREES

DroneKeeper mini2

I haven't bought this yet but I think it would be a life save especially if you lose line of sight and the drone falls into dense bushes ect. A loud ping gets emitted and should make finding your drone heaps easier.

dkm2_11s-500x500.png

LINK: https://www.nichemall.net:11846/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=79

Last edited:
For bushland/trees you might check out Marco Polo. As for the DroneKeeper, the find my drone feature in Go 4 will make the Mavic beep and flash the LED's to aid with locating.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S