DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Failsafe automatic RTH

phildebougi

Reactions
I am asking the question: " in case of communication failure between the Marvik and the radio command is the RTH automaically activated or is it necessary to modify the settings?"
Thank you for assistance.

You may choose between RTH and hover in place. RTH is set as default if you haven't changed that setting before.

Where is this "hover" setting everyone talks about? I looked in manual and nothing.

Within GO4 app go to settings, select MC settings (quad symbol), go to Advanced Settings and scroll a bit down for the Signal Lost setting.
It is also a good idea, in addition to reading the manual also for taking some minutes and a full battery at home for going through all the settings available within GO4 to get familiar with them.

I agree, I did not see it either but I know it is there in the remote. Don't have the time right now to grab it but from memory it is a "selection" under "RC Failure" or "RC Disconnect". You will know it when you see it. 3 Choices, RTH, "Hover" or land. . . .(As I have said in another thread, if you are "indoors" make sure you do not pick "RTH"!!!! Don't ask me how I know that, but the good news is it only cost me 1 prop and vacuuming up the mess from the sheet rock dust. . . Think a little and you can get the idea of what happens when RTH kicks in while you are inside. . .;))

Reactions: Flycaster
Reactions: Path Finder
Thanks guys. I am planning on using this only when out on the boat.

When I go out on the boat Should I also set the home point at the controller?

When I go out on the boat Should I also set the home point at the controller?
You could. However, you'll need to keep resetting it to the remote controller each time you move. The home point will not automatically update itself.

Set you as the return to home point. Slide left on your screen and it will give you the option to do that on the fly. So to speak.

So why are there two rth icons? One with a person and the other with a gps triangle

So why are there two rth icons? One with a person and the other with a gps triangle
The person icon sets the home point to your mobile device's current location. The triangle icon sets the home point to your Mavic's current location.

DJI-GO-Reset-Home-Point-Swipe-Left.jpg

That's cool. Thank you I was trying to look for explanation in manuals. I will test it on land but it should come back to controller attached to phone? Would I need to refresh?

I will test it on land but it should come back to controller attached to phone?
When the Mavic returns home, it'll always try to return to the last marked home point. That'll either be the location where the Mavic took off (assuming the home point was marked like usual) or the last home point you manually set by tapping one of the above icons in DJI GO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000