DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Failsafe RTH question

walkupit

Reactions
Hi all,
I've read, and re-read the manual but I can't find the answer to two queries I have with the failsafe RTH in the event of loss of signal.

1 - What happens when the signal is re-established? I'm presuming RTH continues following the sequence specified?
2 - If the signal is re-established, can Failsafe RTH be cancelled, and if so how? I'm presuming switching flight modes or cancel on screen

Hard to test so wondered if anyone knew?

1 - What happens when the signal is re-established? I'm presuming RTH continues following the sequence specified?
2 - If the signal is re-established, can Failsafe RTH be cancelled, and if so how? I'm presuming switching flight modes or cancel on screen
1. Flight continues in RTH unless you cancel RTH and resume control
2. Yes .. by either of the methods you mentioned
Easy to test and a good idea to get a feel for how it works.
Find a large, open area clear of obstacles.
Fly out >100 ft and switch off the controller.
Watch what happens.
You can switch the controller back on and resume control or just watch RTH bring it home.

Hi all,
I've read, and re-read the manual but I can't find the answer to two queries I have with the failsafe RTH in the event of loss of signal.

As of the lattest update if you disconnect in the air, the Home Point will be changed.
Because this is a problem you will have to reset the Home Point asap. .

Yes you can always cancel the RTH and take over the Drone.

In the case of a forced landing , it is much harder to cancel that .

Learning how to Reset the Home Point is key, using the menu and the map by dragging the home point is a good skill to have.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Float on water.

Reactions: Mugginz
As of the lattest update if you disconnect in the air, the Home Point will be changed.
Because this is a problem you will have to reset the Home Point asap. .
If you've read some recent posts about this "issue", you'd realise that the homepoint would not be changed at all despite the false alarm caused by the message that says the home point was updated.

Last edited:
1. Flight continues in RTH unless you cancel RTH and resume control
2. Yes .. by either of the methods you mentioned

Easy to test and a good idea to get a feel for how it works.
Find a large, open area clear of obstacles.
Fly out >100 ft and switch off the controller.
Watch what happens.
You can switch the controller back on and resume control or just watch RTH bring it home.
Perfect. Thanks for the quick reply.
I'll give it a test.... once it stops raining!

can Failsafe RTH be cancelled, and if so how?
Yes by a single press of the "RTH". This same procedure can also be your panic button. A single press of the RTH button at full flight speed will immediately stop the aircraft dead in it's tracks, much quicker than just letting go of the sticks.

Hi all,

Hi Walk,
I see that you are new to the forum so welcome.
On an unrelated note to your questions, once you get a comfy feeling. Take a look at this post from the crash an flyaway section. Link . After reading the first post look at meta4 response in post no. 2. I don't have a ma2 but when I read this it seems bizarre to me the aircraft would behave this way to loss of gps. Anyways some knowledge to have in your toolbox.

it seems bizarre to me the aircraft would behave this way to loss of gps. Anyways some knowledge to have in your toolbox.
It's hard to see how this issue is relevant to the OP, but in the case you pointed to, that's not how the drone responds to losing GPS.
It's the restricted altitude that DJI has programmed for flying without GPS and the sensors detect something within their limited range below the drone.

Incidentally, you can delete the two duplicates of your post.

It's hard to see how this issue is relevant to the OP
Hence, the statement "On an unrelated note to your questions"

that's not how the drone responds to losing GPS
I was referring to the post in the link, and quite well stated in your post. I think all ma2 pilots should understand this.

Incidentally, you can delete the two duplicates of your post.
Tried deleting it. It happened during the site update. Edit - deleted.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgoodha