DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Failure to descend

bmwbob

Reactions
Anyone else had trouble getting drone to descend. I flew my Mavic Air up the side of a series of mountains over the 400 foot mark, but when I brought the drone back it was difficult to get the drone to decened at any decent speed. Almost like it hit an inversion layer and descended very slowly.

How close was it to the upslope land terrain? What were the surface wind speeds? Did you try to move horizontally further away from the terrain?

How close was it to the upslope land terrain? What were the surface wind speeds? Did you try to move horizontally further away from the terrain?
Away from any mountain updraft and no discernable wind.

Maybe you should treat it like a Fly Away and post your flight log here so they can be analyzed.

Reactions: okw
Were you pointed in a direction such that the sun was affecting the collision avoidance sensors? I once had to fly my Mavic Pro backwards to get it home to keep the sunset from messing with it!

Sporadically with my M3 it wont descend while I have the craft moving horizontally. I have had to stop it and then it descends. Weird.

I have the same problem with my ma2 and going above 400’ agl. And’s when I say agl I mean the takeoff point.
And when using rth it drops to about 1,000 ft and hangs there until the power drops and has to then Force land. It really sucks as does the 1640 ft ceiling that I cannot climb above. It makes Mountain viewing difficult here in the Rocky Mountains. I’ve tried everything. If you find a fix please let me know! Thank you

Reactions: bmwbob
Anyone else had trouble getting drone to descend. I flew my Mavic Air up the side of a series of mountains over the 400 foot mark, but when I brought the drone back it was difficult to get the drone to decened at any decent speed. Almost like it hit an inversion layer and descended very slowly.
Issues with failure to descend normally are usually related to a problem with VPS.
Your flight data would confirm whether this was the case.

BTW have you looked at your bottom sensors? I had this same issue and it ended up being the o-rings on the bottom sensor had come loose and was blocking the vision. Had to send to DJI to repair out of warranty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout