DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fairly New To Drones

IL Drago

Reactions
Thanks for the acceptance.

I'm from Curacao, a beautiful island of the Coast of Venezuela next to Aruba.

Ordered a Mavic air, because i am not really in making films of pictures i am just doing it for fun and if i need to make a picture or video it's just for my own use or to help out my friends.

I like the Mavic Air but i wished it had more flight time or a better version but with the same camera power( did not check the mavic mini yet lol)

I would want to know is there anyway to change the settings in the app for more range or is it better to order those parabolic upgrades to put on the antenna's?

thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum. I fly the MA2, which meets the upgrades that you mention. You will find much support and advice here. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

The Mavic Air 2 has a different transmission system from the Mavic Air, and Mavic Mini. Along with the Mavic 2 range, the Air 2 uses occusync which has a much longer range than the wifi system of the Mavic Mini and earlier Mavic air.

AFAIK there are no setting in the app that will help. You can use parabolic reflectors, but they make the field extremely directional and cause the signal to drop in and out if it's not pointing EXACTLY at the drone. They didn't work for me with my DJI Spark.

One thing that does occur - do you have the antenna's oriented as per the DJI instructions?

The Mavic Air 2 has a different transmission system from the Mavic Air, and Mavic Mini. Along with the Mavic 2 range, the Air 2 uses occusync which has a much longer range than the wifi system of the Mavic Mini and earlier Mavic air.

AFAIK there are no setting in the app that will help. You can use parabolic reflectors, but they make the field extremely directional and cause the signal to drop in and out if it's not pointing EXACTLY at the drone. They didn't work for me with my DJI Spark.

One thing that does occur - do you have the antenna's oriented as per the DJI instructions?
Please explain what you mean with " do you have the antenna's oriented as per the DJI instructions?"

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Please explain what you mean with " do you have the antenna's oriented as per the DJI instructions?"

There will be a diagram in the manual on how to point the antenna at the drone for the best results.

Annotation 2020-05-29 163043.png

Not sure which DJI product this is for, but all of the manuals show the optimum place to put the antennas. If you don't point them how DJI show you in the manual, then you may have a poor signal, low range and video dropout.

Welcome to our Forum from North Texas!

Always wanted to visit your island. I've spent my adult life trying to educate the drinking public (and bartenders as well) that it's pronounced Coor-a-SOW, and not Coor-AH-ko. I get the response, "...Look, Mac, I've been tending bar for 20 years, and I know it's Coor-AH-ko..."!

Anyway, you're the first guy I've hooked up with from there. Can't wait to see your stuff.

Glad to have you with us!

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

There will be a diagram in the manual on how to point the antenna at the drone for the best results.

View attachment 102955

Not sure which DJI product this is for, but all of the manuals show the optimum place to put the antennas. If you don't point them how DJI show you in the manual, then you may have a poor signal, low range and video dropout.
Ok, it looks like i was doing that ok, but i saw a couple of youtube video's that they were talking about changing the signal from 2.4ghz to 5ghz and that will help, is that true?

Reactions: Hauptmann
Welcome to our Forum from North Texas!

Always wanted to visit your island. I've spent my adult life trying to educate the drinking public (and bartenders as well) that it's pronounced Coor-a-SOW, and not Coor-AH-ko. I get the response, "...Look, Mac, I've been tending bar for 20 years, and I know it's Coor-AH-ko..."!

Anyway, you're the first guy I've hooked up with from there. Can't wait to see your stuff.

Glad to have you with us!
Yep just like you said it's "Coor-a-SOW"
As soon as the border opens and everything cools down, i'll hope you try to visit, u can let me know and i'll help you out show you around.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60