DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fake memory cards.

johnnybflyguy

Reactions
I purchased a 64GB SanDisk Micro SDXC Extreme Pro on ebay, when I inserted the card in my MA it says that sd card is slow.
I used some software called h2testw to check the speed and below are the results as the card is rated at 95 MB/s the actual speed looks very slow.

Just seeing what you guys think.

Sandisk 2.PNG

Last edited:
I purchased a 64GB SanDisk Extreme Pro on ebay, when I inserted the card in my MA it says that sd card is slow.
I used some software called h2testw to check the speed and below are the results

One thing you should never buy on eBay is SD cards. Most of them are fake (mainly falsely marked slower, lower-capacity cards to higher speed/size card to increase value). One anecdotal account purchased dozens of larger-sized SD cards on eBay and determined that they were all rebranded cards, many of them very clever counterfeits.

Unfortunately most folks are scammed in their purchase and are none the wiser, leaving good feedback without knowing they've been ripped off (until/unless much later they fill their card and discover it is not as big/fast as reported), so judging by feedback is often problematic. The cards look genuine and when placed in a device, typically show the correct size. (Counterfeiters fraudulently overwrite the cards internal memory with a false capacity which will display a false capacity on your device. Actual memory must be checked with a test program, like the OP did).

Stick to known providers from major suppliers. Good deals are not to be had on SD cards (in fact, they are actually more expensive right now than they were 1-2 years ago).

Read here about the widespread existence of counterfeit SD cards:
https://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1326059

I'll give you my 2 cents. Ya ebay and even amazon has issues with fakes. I also didn't read the fine print about having a u3 card. Even tho my new U1 was 80mbs, you need the u3. I had slow sd card warnings with the new U1, popped a new u3 in and we're good.

I'll give you my 2 cents. Ya ebay and even amazon has issues with fakes. I also didn't read the fine print about having a u3 card. Even tho my new U1 was 80mbs, you need the u3. I had slow sd card warnings with the new U1, popped a new u3 in and we're good.

SanDisk Extreme Pro cards are U3 (that's what the OP said they bought). It should write up to 95 MB/s.

Post the link to the ebay store you bought it from.

If you complain to them you'll probably get a refund.

At least with Amazon the return policy is hyper-easy. Amazon does not take kindly to bad sellers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair