DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fan not working ?

Adaaam75

Reactions
Okay guys,

Bought my Pro in Autumn 2018 and had a crash approx 6 months ago however all good and no issues....or so I thought.

I had the drone on yesterday to autocalibrate the gimble and the drones compass and realised the drone was getting extremely hot underneath. I then received the overheating board message and shut the drone down. Searching online made me realise this is due to the drones fan not activating. I then turned everything back on after it had completely cooled and flew the drone hovering at 2 feet until it returned to home activated regularly checking the drones temp and it was cool having not overheated. Is this a common temporary issue or is the only answer send it in?

DJI said the EU warranty is 2 years and it needs to be sent in for inspection/repairs but they'll instantly notice the minor dent from the crash and blame that even though the can has only just packed up.

I've seen videos on YouTube but I'm not dissecting it because I'll end up causing more problems however I can see the fan appears to move freely when turning it with a pin.

Of note I did test fly it at 2 feet for a charged battery life regularly checking the temp and it was fine, no overheating and no warning messages. Not sure if this was because the flying cooled it but I'm worried either way....

its important that the fan works its there for a reason,when you are hovering on a calm hot sunny day,as taking a picture there is very little air passing through the drone so the fan is required,if you are constantly moving on a cooler cloudy day, then mostly there would be sufficient airflow to keep it cool

Yeah, just hoped there would be a simple solution that didn't include raising a service request with DJI, digging out the proof of purchase email and sending it off for costly repairs!

No such luck

When it crashed the gimbal might have pushed the mesh back causing the fan to get stuck. You could try using a small tool to pull the mesh out away from the fan.

Reactions: Adaaam75
I did take a look at the movement of the fan because that was a problem others had but it seems to be moving freely without obstruction. I'm liking these suggestions though, keep them coming!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada