DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Farming Ortho stiching

Fred Paris

Reactions
So i'm trying to use DJI Smartfarm to stitch 370 photos together for a multispectral analysis. I uploaded the folder to smartfarm and it was processed and returned. Using a MAC computer the application 'preview' is the default app that trys to open the 'TIF" file. Crashes every time. ???

Reactions: DannyQ
So i'm trying to use DJI Smartfarm to stitch 370 photos together for a multispectral analysis. I uploaded the folder to smartfarm and it was processed and returned. Using a MAC computer the application 'preview' is the default app that trys to open the 'TIF" file. Crashes every time. ???
SOunds like the problem is Preview.
You need a better graphics program that can read tif files.
Most decent ones would have no problem with that.

Troubleshoot Preview a bit.

--
Is everything up to date on the Mac in use?
--

Find a small .TIF file and open that test .TIF with Preview.

If it does not open the test .TIF file, test the file on another Mac to verify the .TIF file is not corrupt.
If the .TIF opens on another Mac, the issue is on the Mac you are using.

-----

You could also test opening the large .TIF from DJI Smartfarm on a different Mac in Preview.

How large is the TIFF file? Preview sometimes struggles with large files.

If you have a photo editor like Photoshop or Affinity Photo, try opening the TIFF in that.

Yesterday I saw that AgiSoft Metashape was available for Apple/Mac. Best software for stitching ortho-photo-images.
Neville
Queensland
Australia

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr