DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fatshark goggles with Mavic Air?

Dustydust

Reactions
Has anyone used a wireless dongle on the Fatsharks to use Airplay(iOS) or Mirrorcast (android) from the phone. How much lag time, even worth it, or should I sell my Fatshark HDO for Dji goggled. Thanks!

I've done it with my Nivida K1 before. To be honest its a pain because its just one more thing to F with before you fly. It is also more laggy than I'd like it to be. And if you fly FPV with non-DJI drones you are probably having more fun anyway. Flying acro is the way to go :) (My personal opinion).

Reactions: Dustydust
I've done it with my Nivida K1 before. To be honest its a pain because its just one more thing to F with before you fly. It is also more laggy than I'd like it to be. And if you fly FPV with non-DJI drones you are probably having more fun anyway. Flying acro is the way to go :) (My personal opinion).
Thanks for the feedback! I’m just getting into droning and have the Mavic Air as a starter. I wish I had done the research before I purchased these used Fatshark HDO’s, bummer I can’t return ? Now I’m looking to sell these or get a racing drone so I can use these bad boys. They’re not cheap.

They’re in excellent condition, only used a few times. Everything included, fatshark hdo goggles, rapid fire module, and Lumenier AXII Stubby 5.8GHz Antenna (RHCP). How much do you think I could sell these for? (Bought for $500) OR What is a good beginner acro drone? Thanks again for the feedback!

Well you have a decent setup there like top of the line. Does it come with rx's for the lol. They just came out with HD2's. I still fly with my V3's though. A good acro quad is kind of a preference and what you want to do kind of thing. Right now I fly Tiny Whoops and more specifically AlienWhoop Zer0's. They are fast and cheap to build. For a ready to fly one look at BetaFPV. There is an advanced kit with a better controller. BetaFPV makes solid, up to date gear and you can tweek them to your liking. YOU CAN FLY THEM IN THE HOUSE!. They take a beating.
I crashed my Mavic Air three times while learning or thought I was learning to fly. What my MA tought me were a lot of rules. Good to know rules. I dont think I'll get rid of it but really right now it's collecting dust. I just dont have the time to go out and fly it like it should be flown. I really need to look at updating the firmware LOL.

Reactions: Dustydust
Thanks for the feedback! I’m just getting into droning and have the Mavic Air as a starter. I wish I had done the research before I purchased these used Fatshark HDO’s, bummer I can’t return ? Now I’m looking to sell these or get a racing drone so I can use these bad boys. They’re not cheap.
I would keep them. Flying a Mavic will become boring over time if you don't have a task for it with taking photos or videos. If you are eager for a bit more action you should buy a fpv tiny whoop (e.g. from BetaFpv.com) as your second drone and except for the whoop, controller, batteries and charger you own already the most expensive components which is the goggles, receiver and antennas. If you will buy a 65mm or 75mm whoop this is also good for indoor flying, especially now in cold winter times.

Well you have a decent setup there like top of the line. Does it come with rx's for the lol. They just came out with HD2's. I still fly with my V3's though. A good acro quad is kind of a preference and what you want to do kind of thing. Right now I fly Tiny Whoops and more specifically AlienWhoop Zer0's. They are fast and cheap to build. For a ready to fly one look at BetaFPV. There is an advanced kit with a better controller. BetaFPV makes solid, up to date gear and you can tweek them to your liking. YOU CAN FLY THEM IN THE HOUSE!. They take a beating.
I crashed my Mavic Air three times while learning or thought I was learning to fly. What my MA tought me were a lot of rules. Good to know rules. I dont think I'll get rid of it but really right now it's collecting dust. I just dont have the time to go out and fly it like it should be flown. I really need to look at updating the firmware LOL.
I really like the BetaFPV advanced kit. Affordable yet durable, with a great option for the Fatsharks. I’m definitely not at the level of building a drone but could see myself working with modifications if necessary. Thanks for the input! Any other RTF beginner Acro drones you can think of would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ??

I would keep them. Flying a Mavic will become boring over time if you don't have a task for it with taking photos or videos. If you are eager for a bit more action you should buy a fpv tiny whoop (e.g. from BetaFpv.com) as your second drone and except for the whoop, controller, batteries and charger you own already the most expensive components which is the goggles, receiver and antennas. If you will buy a 65mm or 75mm whoop this is also good for indoor flying, especially now in cold winter times.
Right on! Thanks ?? Any other RTF beginner Acro drones could you suggest? The Beta looks pretty sweet with an affordable price. Thanks again!

If you prefer a nice cine whoop with HD recording capability you can also consider the Ultimate 4K Cinewhoop? // GEPRC CinePro 4K.
Compared to the cine whoops from BetaFpv this one has the camera at the front, so no risk for getting the props into the image. And the camera angle can be adjusted, low for slow flying, high for fast flying.
But for indoor flying it is already too big.

I really like the BetaFPV advanced kit. Affordable yet durable, with a great option for the Fatsharks. I’m definitely not at the level of building a drone but could see myself working with modifications if necessary. Thanks for the input! Any other RTF beginner Acro drones you can think of would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ??
To be honest BetaFPV is the only route I'd suggest until you get more research into what you might like. Most of my whoops I've built have BetaFPV parts lol. Easy to build and fun to fly. Here are three broken ones from one morning of flying. The next morning they were all back flying. (they dont break that much lol). Building whoops really isnt that hard. Soldering is the hardest part and its not much.

Attachments

• 70817229_195999084747708_3953024071729414144_o.jpg
    70817229_195999084747708_3953024071729414144_o.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 5
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas