DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Favorite Places to Fly in DFW

I've been told I should try Mallard Cove. But, my go to places are Lake Grapevine and Lake Lewisville. White Rock in East Dallas is awesome too.

Where abouts are you guys? I'm in Grapevine.

I've gone out to White Rock a few times...just a bit too crowded with joggers and bikers.
Spent a few weekends at Lake Cliff Park too. Nice and close to down town. These were done with my Spark, but plan to go back this weekend or so with the Mavic.

Attachments

• lakecliff 1.png
    lakecliff 1.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
  • lakecliff 2.png
    lakecliff 2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • lakecliff 3.png
    lakecliff 3.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
  • lakecliff 4.png
    lakecliff 4.png
    1,004.6 KB · Views: 30
I'm in Southlake so I fly Lake Grapevine as well. Mostly on the west side.
I'll have to plan a trip maybe this weekend. Planning on going to Romania this April. Taking the Mavic and the goggles so that the wife can "fly" over the mountains...

I fly all over Lake Grapevine. I've milked it! ?

Here's one from last weekend from Lake Grapevine. I actually let my mavic take a breather and I did this on a Phantom 3 Standard. I think I'm going to head to Mallard Cove tomorrow.

I fly all over Lake Grapevine. I've milked it! ?

Here's one from last weekend from Lake Grapevine. I actually let my mavic take a breather and I did this on a Phantom 3 Standard. I think I'm going to head to Mallard Cove tomorrow.

Nice!

Reactions: Hauptmann
Thank you! I liked your shots of Lake Cliff Park. Never been there. I definitely will soon.

I tell ya, the Spark is underrated (to me at least).

PS: very glad for this group. Cool talking to other DFW pilots.

Thank you! I liked your shots of Lake Cliff Park. Never been there. I definitely will soon.

I tell ya, the Spark is underrated (to me at least).

PS: very glad for this group. Cool talking to other DFW pilots.
Definitely! I'll have to find my "produced" footage with my Phantom 1. Almost made a "cousin" sick.

-300 E. Colorado Blvd. Dallas, TX 75201
Taking the whole rig (goggles included) to Romania with the wife in April.

Wow! That was great. Mavic 2 pro? Nice camera skill there and the editing was top shelf... you got part of lake lewisville ive not veen to. Ive got several I did on LLELA.... im sure youve been to that part of the lake.

1574174458069.png
This was my first time out there. That little parking lot down by where it says Main Street is where I took off. Finished at the boat launch up north. Made some of the standard modifications to the controls to make it smoother and got some of the ND shaders for the lens. I plan on going back when I have more time! Yes, that's my new baby M2P!

Mjwarch- you mentioned Mallard CovePark up above as one of your favorite places. I made it there last Saturday. Cool place, and NO ONE was out there. It's very wide open and vast, but everything I shot came out very uninteresting for whatever reason. :(

The Richardson RC club is GREAT! Right on lake Lavon. Membership is cheap and has a lot of great members. Definitely a worry-free place to fly.

The Richardson RC club is GREAT! Right on lake Lavon. Membership is cheap and has a lot of great members. Definitely a worry-free place to fly.

Thanks! May have to check it out...we're moving to the Richardson area after this school year!

Jvinton - where exactly at Lake Lewisville do you fly? I am from out of town but in Dallas over Thanksgiving and wanted to take my new MM out for a flight...thanks!

Hey HumbearKS! I''ve only been once, but if you take a look a little higher up this feed, I show exactly where I parked. Here's the larger pic of the lake and where I was

1574742434120.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio