DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC and CE Mini 3 - any differences?

scro

Reactions
From the published specs it looks like the new "DJI RC" has the usual different power output for FCC and CE modes. Does anyone know if it is different hardware, or is it simply software/location controlled? For example, If I buy a Mini3 with RM330 controller while travelling in an FCC region, register it there and fly a bit, and then bring it back to a CE region will it get grumpy?

Same hardware. Will switch output power depending on where you are.

Reactions: scro
From the published specs it looks like the new "DJI RC" has the usual different power output for FCC and CE modes. Does anyone know if it is different hardware, or is it simply software/location controlled? For example, If I buy a Mini3 with RM330 controller while travelling in an FCC region, register it there and fly a bit, and then bring it back to a CE region will it get grumpy?
It won't get grumpy, it will just switch to CE mode as it uses GPS to determine if it should use FCC or CE mode.

Your only problem would be if you needed to use the warranty. For example, if you buy it here in the UK it will get repaired in Europe. If you buy one meant for the American market you would have to send it back to the US to be fixed at your expense.

Reactions: scro
Thanks, both. I had hoped the new controller would be smart enough to automatically switch. After all, it's got GPS built in so should know where it is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka