DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC Mode New Zealand - Mavic 2 Pro

ADI8421

Reactions
Hi, I've had conflicting info regarding whether FCC mode is possible in New Zealand with the Mavic 2 Pro.
Tom at Ferntech NZ advised that all their AC operate in FCC mode in NZ, yet other retailers say it's CE mode only.
Does anyone here own a M2P in NZ who can verify please ? Many thanks.

just had a look at the radio frequency used in NZ and they are using both 2.4 and 5.8 for RC communication devices, so that would seem to mean that NZ is on CE ,dont forget its not just the frequency thats used ,but also the transmitted radio signal strength that is different from the US this is why the drones for the US market, have a longer range spec ,than the ones used elsewhere

Yes, I am aware of this info but still need some hard evidence from an owner of M2P, given that the main DJI agent in NZ was quite clear that all DJI product sold in NZ were set to FCC mode. Cheers

Dont Know if you ever found your answer. On the Box of my Mavic 3 it clearly states "Complies to all FCC regulations". Says nothing about CE anywhere. But is that proof ? I don't know

Hello, whilst I cannot confirm whether NZ supports FCC or CE, you can make a simple “hack” to your drone using drone-hacks.com which will force your M2P to use FCC mode anywhere. I fly in Italy and Brazil (both CE areas) and I’ve been using FCC for over a year now, no issues. No comparison whatsoever with CE with signal range and strength! It’s like another drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone