DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode

Spermo

Reactions
Hello guys.. i just try the fcc mode on my mavic air. Watched a video on youtube and followed the instruction.. installed an app called fake gps.. the result is awesome!!! No interference at all!! I tried the RTH and and works fine. My question is: is it safe?
Sorry for my english and im new here..just want some advice from you.. for info i live in Mauritius and with the fake GPS app i state that i am in the US...

Reactions: ABHIII
once in FCC mode you should disable the fake GPS app. When the question pops up about switching to none FCC just say 'cancel'

Question will pop up every start of drone

Ok thanks.. i did on on an android phone then come back on my iphone and of course I the ‘cancel’ [emoji6] but for the automatic RTH..it will not affect it?

Glad you're happy with it. I don't think there are many people who actually uses DJI's drones in CE mode with how easy it is to change. Turn off your fake GPS app now and you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Ok thank you. I ran the fake gps app on an android phone but i use my iphone when im flying. Is that ok?

Ok thank you. I ran the fake gps app on an android phone but i use my iphone when im flying. Is that ok?

Yup you should be OK - just make sure you hit "cancel" every single time it asks if you want to change your region. If you're at all worried, take it out to a field and do a low-risk practice flight. When I travel to Europe and the UK I have to do the same - hit cancel every time I start it up.

Yup you should be OK - just make sure you hit "cancel" every single time it asks if you want to change your region. If you're at all worried, take it out to a field and do a low-risk practice flight. When I travel to Europe and the UK I have to do the same - hit cancel every time I start it up.

Hello.. another question if you don’t mind.. i’m on FCC.. but i leave it on custom.. and it show 2.4ghz. Show i put it on manual and change it to 5.8ghz or leave it on auto??

Seems like the Air can do 4km on both 2.4ghz and 5.8Ghz in FCC.

(i dont have the Air myself)

Hello.. another question if you don’t mind.. i’m on FCC.. but i leave it on custom.. and it show 2.4ghz. Show i put it on manual and change it to 5.8ghz or leave it on auto??

If you aren't having any issues I would just leave it on Auto if it were me.

I have been reading about FCC mode and enabling it for my MA. I need to borrow someone's Android phone to do that since I only have iPhone but I have what might seem like a silly question. Does FCC mode work in US or is it only for outside of US. I can only seem to get to 2,000 ft before losing signal. I show only 11 channels.

FCC for US and CE for EU.

So if you live in US you're already on FCC.

I have been reading about FCC mode and enabling it for my MA. I need to borrow someone's Android phone to do that since I only have iPhone but I have what might seem like a silly question. Does FCC mode work in US or is it only for outside of US. I can only seem to get to 2,000 ft before losing signal. I show only 11 channels.

Not a silly question. FCC works everywhere, it is little more than a certification standard. You should also be able to enable it without an Android phone by using a GPS spoofing app.

Glad you're happy with it. I don't think there are many people who actually uses DJI's drones in CE mode with how easy it is to change. Turn off your fake GPS app now and you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Hello..hope you are doing well.. today i was shooting on the beach.. once i flyer closer to a hotel i got a warning msg of “interference fly with caution” even i am on FCC.. the drone was about 700m away from me!! My question is...it normal? Even when im on FCC??

Hello..hope you are doing well.. today i was shooting on the beach.. once i flyer closer to a hotel i got a warning msg of “interference fly with caution” even i am on FCC.. the drone was about 700m away from me!! My question is...it normal? Even when im on FCC??

Yes it can be normal - FCC mode doesn't protect you from interference. If you are flying in an area with unusually high interference you can have issues with the Air and even the Mavic Pro. That is an environment problem though not a drone problem - just need to work around it.

Yes it can be normal - FCC mode doesn't protect you from interference. If you are flying in an area with unusually high interference you can have issues with the Air and even the Mavic Pro. That is an environment problem though not a drone problem - just need to work around it.

Ok thank you for respond!! Sorry i’m new here!!

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Hi. Testing FCC mode by using an Android, and then switch to iphone. Every secund time it starts up, it turne back to ce. This happends when turning off for changing batteries. No question to change. It just do it automatic. Is there a procedure for turning on and off, and keep the setting.

At least up to DJI Go 4.3.9 (iOS), if I am in FCC mode the Mavic Air keeps me asking to change Wifi because I am in CE region. Every time I start it up. But there is a CANCEL option so it stays in FCC.

Should be same with you, how do you switch to FCC using Android?

Side note: occusync (Mavic 1 & 2) is getting interference problems way less than Mavic Air or Spark! Way more reliable. I am waiting for a Mavic Air successor using Occusync... any version will be better than wifi, even if it is „enhanced“. Pure range on free space with Mavic Air is really good, but interference is a problem...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots