DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC or CE !?

Steeve Stark

Reactions
My mavic mini is mr1ss5 model. It's showing only 4 channels. Can anyone please tell me why this is happening. I wanna know if it's FCC or CE but only 4 channels are given, neither 13 or 11 so how am I supposed to know if it's FCC or CE
Please anyone tell me.

Model MR1SS5 is the CE model, the 5.8ghz frequency range has a smaller number channels.

Model MR1SS5 is the CE model, the 5.8ghz frequency range has a smaller number channels.
The Model MR1SS5 is the FCC model....
1602032149702.png
I was thinking that India was a CE country but as in many SE Asia countries you can get FCC models. As we know one can use the FCC hack on the FCC and CE models in CE countries up through Fly 1.1.2 on Android (some state up through 1.0.8). After that, on Android FCC hack is a no go. IOS can still use.

I've heard that the Litchi app (still in Beta) will allow the FCC hack. Hopefully.....

Attachments

• 1602032030657.png
    1602032030657.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 14
I know that my mavic mini model is mr1ss5 now i wanna know if my drone is FCC or CE and it's max range is 2.5km or 4km. Can anyone help me please ?
Someone told me if I see 11 channel then my drone is FCC and when I will see 13 channel then it's CE but I am seeing only 4 channels so what does it mean ?Screenshot_2020_1007_071048.jpg

I know that my mavic mini model is mr1ss5 now i wanna know if my drone is FCC or CE and it's max range is 2.5km or 4km. Can anyone help me please ?
Someone told me if I see 11 channel then my drone is FCC and when I will see 13 channel then it's CE but I am seeing only 4 channels so what does it mean ?View attachment 114574
You have the FCC model... It only has the FCC channels. You cannot see the CE channels...
Someone told me if I see 11 channel then my drone is FCC and when I will see 13 channel then it's CE but I am seeing only 4 channels so what does it mean ?View attachment 114574
That is not correct. Your drone model tells you it is the FCC model. Your not being able to see any of the CE channels confirms that. I have an FCC model in a CE country and I get 5 channels:
149, 153, 157, 161, and 165.
I don't know why you only see 4 (the 165 doesn't show). That "may" be a local problem.
Just go and fly it with and without the FCC hack and see the difference.

You have the FCC model... It only has the FCC channels. You cannot see the CE channels...

That is not correct. Your drone model tells you it is the FCC model. Your not being able to see any of the CE channels confirms that. I have an FCC model in a CE country and I get 5 channels:
I don't know why you only see 4 (the 165 doesn't show). That "may" be a local problem.
Ok thanks a lot Gary

RE the comment "Someone told me if I see 11 channel then my drone is FCC and when I will see 13 channel then it's CE"
That comment is correct for the CE model. It has both the CE and FCC channels but is WAY limited in transmission power. If the CE model is not hacked (FCC hack) then you will see 13 channels. If the CE model is hacked then you will see only 11 CE channels. On a CE model hacked or not hacked you will see the FCC channels.
On a FCC model like what you have you will only see the FCC channels.
Here's a spec list:
1602040437347.png

What version of the Fly app are you running ?
There are some reports that there are bugs in 1.18 & 1.19. I personally haven't had a problem but that doesn't mean there isn't a bug.
If you are running one of those it "may" cause you to only see 4 FCC channels instead of 5.
Remember, if you are on Android the highest Fly app you can use is 1.1.2 if you want to use the FCC Hack.